15•Harris Village•15

Ree thought he would get his rest for at least a week after arriving at the Henituse Territory. After all, he was ordered to settle down on his new environment first.

  Therefore, Ree expected young master Cale to leave him at the Henituse Mansion when they go to Harris Village. But, as usual, nothing went as he expected it to.

  Ree glanced at his pocket watch as they camp out once again. They were on their way to Harris Village, a place Ree had no plan on going to yet had no choice but to comply to his young master's order.

  'Life is really hard... haa.'

  Ree sighed inwardly in resignation to his fate before keeping his pocket watch. He then moved his gaze toward the children setting up the campsite under his guidance.

  Ree already noticed this before even in the novel, but Cale's group really were mainly consisted of beast people. Now, seeing the wolf tribe children working and the two cats playing around while the two whale siblings chatting was with each other, Ree could see why Cale once commented about running a Veterinary hospital.

  "Hyung, young master Cale called for you."

  Hearing the voice of Maes snapped Ree out of his thoughts. Ree smiled and nodded in response with a brief thank you before proceeding to his young master's tent.

  Inside were young master Cale as well as the whale and cat siblings and Hilsman who was facing Cale. At first, Ree did not think anything of it so he simply smiled politely.

  "Young master, you called?"

  Well, who would've thought that a bomb was about to be dropped at him...

  "I will be going to the Forest of Darkness."

  "... what?"

  "What?"

  Ree's calm eyes shook slightly at the familiar scene while inside his head, Mini Ree stood petrified like a statue.

  Meanwhile, contrary to Ree's confusion, Vice captain Hilsman had a more exaggerated reaction than Ree.

  "Why would someone in recovery go somewhere so dangerous?"

  Ree tuned out Hilsman's voice, lost in his own thoughts.

  'Why.... the heck am I here?'

  In the novel, this was the part where Cale would show the black dragon to Hilsman. And Ree, wo was practically an outsider as he was newly hired, was not supposed to be a part of this.

  'Just what was young master Cale thinking? I really want the power to read his mind sometimes.'

  As Ree was lost in thought, he didn't notice Cale's eyes which were observing his reaction. Normally, a reaction like Vice captain Hilsman's was the most common to receive.

  But Ree's reaction was different. 

  Instead of worry like Hilsman, or impassiveness like what you would expect Beacrox' reaction would be like, Ree acted like what Cale said was a given. In fact, his reaction was like asking why the heck did he need to know.

  It was similar to Cale when the black dragon reported troublesome information to him that he did not want to discover. Because of this, Cale actually found this butler of his pleasing to the eye.

  But of course, he would never tell that to anyone.

  'He was suspicious, but not a threat.'

  That was the conclusion Cale had after observing the butler. Therefore, he also called out for him right now.

  "Do you have to do so much for Choi Han-"

  Hilsman's voice was caught in his throat when a small floating black figure suddenly appeared in front of them. A dragon.

  Or a baby dragon to be exact.