𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕺𝖓𝖊

"Douche." I muttered under my breath as someone purposely ran into my shoulder. I dropped my books and let out a sigh before picking them up. Oh, the person that ran into me? King douche of Hawkins high, Billy Hargrove. I've hated him since he's come to this school, we have never gotten along, and the only time we speak to one another is when we're throwing witty insults back and forth.

As I was picking up my books I glanced up at my friend, Nancy wheeler, who came over to help. She gave a sympathetic look before handing me the last book. I smiled at her and flipped off Billy while his back was turned. I gathered my books and stacked them before standing up and putting the ones I didn't need in my locker. Then I was off to class, but this particular class, Billy was in. Lucky me.

I slammed my locker shut and started walking towards class. Nancy joined up with me.
"Are you going to the party?" She questioned.
"There's a party?"
"Mhm." She held up a paper, get sheet-faced, it read. I laughed and shook my head.
"No, nance, you know I hate parties." I responded. Of course the last party I went to was the beginning of Highschool, I had gotten humiliated and embarrassed myself because I can't handle alcohol well.
"Yeah I know, but it'll be fun." She nudged me in the arm.
"I guess." I reluctantly agreed. This party would possibly be the worst thing ever, but free booze is a sell. We neared my class and I waved her goodbye before walking through the doorway. I quickly sat down at my desk and put my head down. I closed my eyes but flinched when there was a tapping on my shoulder.

Low and behold, it was Billy.
"What do you want?" I asked in an exasperated tone. He flashed a stupid grin.
"Are you going to the party?" He asked. I scoffed.
"And if I was, why would you care." I crossed my arms.
"Just wondering." He replied before going to sit at his desk. He would probably try and humiliate me, but I wasn't going to the party for him, I was going for Nancy.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
The rest of the day dragged on, and it was finally time for me to go home. Once the bell rang I made sure I was the first person out of class and I sped walked to the parking lot to look for Nancy. She was nowhere to be seen.
"Shit." I muttered. Her and Steve had been grossly close over the past few weeks, and every now and then she'd get a ride from him. So I was stuck to walk home. Normally I didn't care, except it was raining. I sighed and started to make my way out of the school lot and onto the sidewalk.

The only reason I didn't mind walking home was because of the scenic view. The trees were usually swaying the light that radiated from the sun. But now the sun was blocked by clouds and everything seemed so dreary. About a third through the walk I heard a car engine. Luckily it went right passed me until the driver slammed on the breaks. I recognized the car and whispered swears under my breath.
"Need a ride?" Billy asked with a grin.
"Not from you." I responded. He drove slowly next to me until he rolled his eyes.
"It raining, come on." He said.
"No."
"I know you hate me, I don't like you either. This doesn't mean you owe me anything."
"Then why are you doing it."
"A good deed." He replied with a smile. I sighed and he stopped his car completely when I started to walk towards his it. I opened the door and got in, his car smelt like cigarettes and I made a face.
"What was that look for?" He questioned.
"Your car."
"What about it?" He asked looking offended.
"It smells like straight cigarette." I said. Once I buckled up he started to drive. Not one word was said between us the whole drive. The music from the radio was blaring and he definitely was going over the speed limit. He tapped his finger on the steering wheel along to the beat of the music.

Once we arrived in the neighborhood, he dropped me off.
"Thanks." I said with a smile as I got out of the car.
"Mhm." He replied. I walked to the door and he didn't drive off until it was shut. He drove across the street and 2 houses down, where his house was. Of course the only person my age that lives in the neighborhood is him. I walked up stairs and heard my brothers door open.
"Evelyn?" He questioned while peeking out the door.
"Yep, it's me." I said while heading into my room, he nodded and shut his door. Me and my brother didn't speak much, it's just sibling stuff, but we still look out for each other. I looked around my closet for something to wear the the party. I settled on a band tee, along with some shorts. The party started in two hours and Nancy was going to pick me up, well, Steve and Nancy. I liked Steve fine, but Nancy and I were much closer before he came around. Everyone had been weird since Will Byers had gone missing. People had said he went missing in the woods for a while, but I didn't believe a word. Nancy had been on edge after barb disappeared, so was I. But soon it was almost like she was never here, people never spoke about her, but Steve and Nancy would go over and have dinner with her parents every now and then.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I heard a car engine outside my house and ran downstairs, my brother stopped me though.
"Where are you going?" He asked.
"Party." I said.
"Oh."
"There's leftovers in the fridge, and I'll make dinner tomorrow night." I said. He smiled and nodded. I waved him goodbye and ran out the the car. I had to sit in the back since Nancy and Steve occupied the front seats.
"You ready?" Nancy asked me with a smile. I nodded and Steve started driving. The entire ride there, I stared at the window and didn't say a word, Steve and Nancy talked back and forth completely ignoring my presence. That's also why I didn't like Steve, he seemed to occupy all her time, even when I was around. So the only time me and Nancy really hang out is in school. I noticed cars parked outside one house and figured that must be the place. There were people passed out on the lawn already. I sighed and Steve parked the car.

Word count: 1143