𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖊𝖓

I woke up, expecting Billy to be gone, but he wasn't. He was asleep still. An arm lazily flung around my waist and his head resting on mine. He was breathing steadily and when I looked up to see him, his lips were parted just slightly and he was definitely out cold. I scooted up and kissed him, I was caught off guard when he kissed me back. I pulled back for a second and his eyes were still close, but a grin tugging at his lips.
"Good morning." He muttered before burying his head in the pillow.
"Morning." I Said before scooting closer to him, I buried my head in his neck lightly. I felt his breath hitch and he swallowed.
"What's up?" I asked pulling away.
"Nothin, your fine." He reassured me, I went back and placed a light kiss on his neck before laying down completely.

About 10 minutes had passed, he was playing with my hair while I just laid there. Then I started to get up. He looked me with a sad look.
"I gotta go, to see if my parents are awake." I said.
"What? I can't meet the parents?" He asked sarcastically.
"You don't want to." And with that remark I walked out of my room only to see the house lay dormant. I walked around some more before peeking out the window. Their cars are gone.
"They left." My brother said, making me jump. He always somehow scared me like that. When I looked back he had a grin on his face.
"So." He said.
"So?"
"So, what did you and your boyfriend do last night." He asked, catching me off guard completely.
"Nothing."
"So the repeated moaning I heard, that was nothing?" He questioned.
"Shut it." I said and walked up the stairs back into my room.
"So we did nothing, huh?" Billy asked me with a huge grin, I smiled back at him as he started to stand up.

I looked at him shocked when I remembered he hadn't put his clothes back on. He didn't seem to care and quickly grabbed his boxers, he slipped them on and when he caught me staring, he grinned.
"Like what you see?" He asked sarcastically. I scanned his body up and down before trying not to stare.
"Perhaps." I said, a smile tugging at my lips as well. He walked up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist, and put his head on mine and kissed me quickly.
"So, what happened this week. Is that what's going to happen again?" I asked. I didn't want it to, I liked him, I liked his company.
"Fuck no." He said and looked at me with confusion in his eyes.
"I'm so sorry. Really." He said. I didn't respond.
"I don't know what the fuck happened, it was me, not you. I swear." He added.
"Ok." Was all I managed to say.
"Listen, that will never fucking happen again, I swear. I love you Evelyn. Feelings are complicated as all hell but you, your different." He said. My cheeks heated at the word, love.
"You love me?" I asked.
"I- um, well-" he couldn't find the right words.
"You love me." I said with a warm smile. I kissed him quickly, he tried to make it last longer. And I allowed it, when he tried to move down to my neck I stopped him.
"Nope, to early." I said.
"Mm." He grumbled but went back to hugging me.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

About half the day had gone by, Billy had reluctantly gone home and I was left with my brother. We sat in silence, in the living room,
for a bit before he spoke up.
"So do you like Billy?" He asked, grabbing a spoonful of cereal. He insisted to eat cereal in the afternoon since he missed breakfast.
"I do." I said with a smile.
"Why?" I added.
"Just cus, his sister is pretty cool." He said.
"Max?"
"Yep."
"Do you like her?" I asked, nudging his arm. His cheeks turned lightly pink and he looked away.
"You do!"
"I don't have a chance." He have a weak laugh.
"What are you talking about?!" I asked, taken aback by his words.
"Her and Lucas are super close." He said sadly.
"You'll get her man, just tell her how you feel." I said, I wanted him to shoot his shot.
"Mm." He grumbled. I grabbed his hand and we started walking towards to the door.
"Where are we going?" he questioned.
"Shooting your shot." I answered with a smile. We walked to Billy's house and Jamie was nervous the entire time. He tensed up as I knocked on the door. Billy opened it and he had a huge grin on his face.
"Well, well, well." He said.
"Couldn't stay away, huh?" He added.
"There's a child, shhh." I said and motioned to Jamie, billy had a drink in his hand and took a swig as Jamie spoke up.
"I heard you all night, you must really like her." My brother spoke up, billy nearly spit out his drink before nodding slightly.
"Yeah, yeah I do." He said, a grin on his face. I smiled but shook my head and spoke.
"Jamie is here to talk with max." I said.
"Max!" Billy yelled.
"What, fart knocker." She said and walked to the door. She waved and smiled as she saw Jamie. I pulled billy off to the side and let max and Jamie talk.

"So, what's he want with max?" He questioned.
"Just wanted to talk about a project." I lied.
"Mm." Billy said, clearly not believing a word.
"Also, next time we fuck, let's do it at your house. My poor brother." I said.
"What about max?" He asked.
"I see her leave the house every time you pull in at night, I assume you have a girl, so she knows to leave." I said with a small laugh.
"Fair enough." He shrugged.
"Wait, you said next time?" He asked with a devilish grin.
"Well- I-" I couldn't muster up any words and just gave up. He chuckled and placed a small kiss on my forehead. I got flustered and dug my shoe in the dirt.
"We should go out, ya know, on a proper date." He said. I looked at him with wide eyes and my cheeks heated when his gaze met mine.
"Oh?"
"Mhm."
"Ok, when though?" I asked, I smiled growing on my lips. I'd never been on a proper date before, let alone with the 'king of Hawkins high.'
"How about....tonight?" He questioned.
"Hell yeah." I said with a grin.
"How about, 6-ish?"
"Mhm!" I replied excitedly.
"See ya then." He said, he placed a short kiss on my forehead again, then he was walking off back inside. Max waved Jamie goodbye and soon they were both back inside. Jamie had an uncontrollable smile on his face, he didn't know I was looking, and he did a small happy dance.

"Did it go well?" I asked him.
"More or less." He responded.
"What happened?"
"She likes Lucas." He said that sad tone returning.
"But, she thinks I'm really cool." He added.
"See, you just had to shoot your shot." I said with a smile. We started to walk back to the house and he told me all about their conversation and how max said he was cool. I was so happy we had started to talk more, after our parents started to go on "business trips", we kinda split apart. Once we reached the front door, I opened it and we split off to our own rooms. I started to get ready to go out tonight and he was drawing, as per usual.

Word count: 1296