𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗

The morning came faster than I though and I let out a sigh when the morning rays of the sun peered through my blinds. I almost forgot about last night until I looked over to see Billy still asleep. I then slowly realized that his arm was resting around my waist, and our legs were intertwined. I hated him just yesterday morning, but something changed last night. I thought it was odd, yes, but I didn't think about it to long.

His eyes fluttered open and his gaze met mine, a small smile crept at his lips. I couldn't help but smile in return. I glanced over at the clock, 7:50.
"Shit." I Said and my eyes widened. I quickly sat up and fell off the bed when I tried to stand.
"Fuck." Billy said and got up to see if I was ok. I was laying on the floor laughing my ass off, laughing at myself of course. Billy let out a small laugh and continued to stare at me. When I finished my laughing fit, I stood up and stretched. I had the worst headache of my life, because I stupidly forgot to take aspirin last night when I cleaned up Billy's cuts. I rubbed my temples and went to my closet.
"What are you doing?" He asked.
"Getting ready for school." I replied, we were going to be late.
"Evelyn." He said. I looked back at him with confusion plain on my face.
"It's Saturday." He said with a grin. I facepalmed and he started laughing, like an actual genuine laugh.

Billy buried his head in the pillow and I went and sat on the bed.
"Wont your parents care that you were gone all night?" I asked. He shook his head.
"They don't give two fucks." He said, he stared up at the ceiling and his demeanor went back to being tense.
"Is that why you left." I asked. I know I shouldn't pry, but I wanted to know, just so maybe I could help him out.
"Mhm. Dads an ass." He said, he turned his head to look at me.
"What about your parents?" He asked.
"Their not around much, lots of business trips." I replied. I figured they weren't actually business trips and they just wanted an excuse to get away from my brother and I.
"Business Trips, huh?"
"Yeah, although I'm pretty sure they just don't want to be around my brother and I." I said and let out a weak laugh. He looked at me with a concerned face.
"So, when they are around, what do they do?" He asked. I didn't like to talk about my personal life, but I didn't really care since his I'm guessing was far worse.
"Nothing, dad drinks, and mom just doesn't speak much." I replied.
"That's what we have in common."
"What?"
"Our dads both drink." He said.
"That's a weird thing to have in common." I said.
"Well is he nice drunk, or angry drunk?" He questioned further.
"Angry, really angry." I said.
"And lucky me, he's coming back tomorrow." I added with a frown.
"Ya know, if things get bad, you could come over. Not that it's much better." He said.
"Thanks." I said with a smile. He smiled and nodded as well.

"Hargrove." I said. He looked at me with question.
"Your not that bad." I added.
"Why, thank you."
"Your not so bad either." He said.
"Thanks." This simplest conversation just changed my perspective of him. Even though he's a dick, he has a shitty home life.
"We should hang out more." He said.
"Yeah." I said with a small smile. It was so weird how two people bonded over some shit that definitely gave them trauma as kids. My dad used to hit me, but grew out of it when I learned how to use the phone, which was when I was like 11. Because he was scared I would call the police.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
We sat like this for a bit, not another word being said between us. I completely forgot about the party for a moment, but I needed to call Nancy to ensure she got home ok. Although I'm sure her and Steve had a fun night, and just forgot about me. Which feels worse.
"I gotta call Nancy." I said.
"Didn't she leave you stranded at the party."
"Well technically Steve did."
"Harrington?"
"Yep."
"You like him at all?"
"Eh? I didn't like him much at all, still don't."
"That's another thing we have in common."
"Why? What's your beef with him?" I wondered. It look a few seconds for him to reply, I figured he didn't have real beef with him and he hated him just because.
"Eh, he's a prick, just cuz." he responded, looks like I was right.
"Alrighty, I'll be back." I said and made my way to my bedroom door. I cracked it open to see if my brother was awake, he wasn't, so I opened and closed it quickly and went down the stairs.

Once I reached the phone, I dialed in Nancy's number and waited for her to answer, she never picked up. I tried once more, but still no answer. I'll see her at school on Monday, she's probably still asleep. I thought to myself. My thoughts were out to an abrupt stop when a car engine was heard faintly outside. I pulled the curtains back and my eyes widened in horror when I saw my parents car, they were early.
"Hide your boyfriend." I heard Jamie say from the top of the stairs.
"They would kill you if you had a guy over." He added.
"Yeah I know that." I said and worry started to set in. I ran upstairs and I to my room to find billy, in the exact same spot.
"My parents are home." I said, my breath was shaky and I was panicked. He stood up and looked around before his eyes landed on my closet, I nodded and he went inside. Right on cue, my parents opened the front door, I sat on my bed and grabbed a book to act like I was reading.

My dad opened my bedroom door and stared at me, not a good stare, it was almost a glare, but not quite.
"What did you do?" He asked.
"What do you mean?" I tried acting casual.
"Your hiding something."
"What would give you that idea?"
"Your reading a book upside down, you are hiding something." He said. I realized that I was in fact, reading upside down. I eternally facepalmed and he continued to glare.
"So what was it."
"I didn't do anything." I quickly responded.
"Listen here, you tell me what it was. Or your grounded." He spat. Being grounded in my house was the worst, if you wanted dinner you couldn't eat at the table and couldn't speak to anyone who was at the table unless they were done with their meal. But most importantly, you couldn't leave the house, and you were under watch constantly.
"It was nothing!" I said, my tone was louder that I thought. He stormed in my room further and he grabbed the collar of my shirt and I was against the wall.
"I don't know who or what your covering for, but your stupid to do so." He said through gritted teeth.
"Your grounded." He added and let go of my shirt. Then he stomped out of my room and slammed the door. I sunk down onto the floor and billy rushed out of the closet.
"Jesus." He said and looked at my face for any immediate injury. He had my face in his hands, and I could practically melt at his touch. Tears started to form in my eyes and he looked me in the eyes and worry filled his. I was at a moment of weakness and gave in, tears started flowing and I pulled him in for a light hug. He flinched for a minute but soon gave in and hugged me back.
"Remember what I said, you can come over." He said.
"Thank you." I said, there was a weak smile on my face, even though he couldn't see it.
"You have to go." I stated and pulled away from the hug. He nodded and walked over to the window, then opened it and took a step out into the roof.
"What are you doing? This is the second story." I said. He flashed a grin and continued to step out onto the roof and hop off. I was panicking for sure, but saw him jogging to his house, he lightly waved and I waved back. As much as I wanted to hate him, because of the bullying, I couldn't. I don't know what changed yesterday, but I like it.

Word count: 1477