𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

It had been a few days since the incident at home, and billy had let me stay the night. My parents were gone so I went back home and stayed there for the rest of the days. We hadn't gone to school, like at all. I hadn't heard a phone ring, until now.
"Hello?"
"Evelyn!" Nancy said.
"Yeah."
"Where have you been?"
"Home, some shit happened."
"Your dad?"
"Mhm."
"Well we can talk if you want."
"I'm ok now, but thank you."
"No problem! Also I was wondering if you wanted to help me with the snowball at the middle school." She said. I didn't want to, but I had basically disappeared for a few days, might be fun.
"Sure."
"Great!"
"See ya then nance."
"Bye!" Then the phone went silent. I was excited, I didn't go to the snowball when I was in middle school, which was like forever ago. So this would be new to me. I could probably convince Billy to go with me, it would take a lot of convincing though. The snowball was tonight, my brother had been bugging me about it all week.

I later decided to go over to Billy's house and ask him. Once I reached the front door, I quickly knocked on the door with a rhythmic pattern. Billy opened the door and yawned. He saw me and smiled.
"Hey." He said.
"Hey!" I said excitedly.
"Why are you so happy?"
"I need a favor from you."
"Mm." He said with a grin. He motioned for me to come inside, which I did without hesitation because it was freezing. We sat on the couch and he scooted closer to me.
"So what this favor?" He asked.
"Nothin to big, just..." I started to trail off trying to figure out the right words. He raised an eyebrow and I smiled.
"...could you maybe come with me to that middle school dance?" I asked.
"Evelyn, we're in high school?"
"I'm helping Nancy."
"Ohh, I don't know." He said.
"Pleaseeee."
"I guess, I have to drive max anyway." He said with a smile.
"Yes!" I said and pulled him into a hug. He hesitated but hugged me back soon after. I pulled away for a second and kissed him, he deepened it only slightly and I didn't refuse.
"Gross." I Heard max say from across the room. We both pulled away so fast and shared a glance. Then we started to burst into a fit of laughter.

Soon we said our goodbyes and i was off to go back home.
"Don't forget, 6:00!" I shouted. Me, Nancy, and the other "staff" members had to be their early. Not much earlier though. He nodded and i quickly ran back to the warmth of my home. I threw the door open and Jamie jumped.
"Alright we're going to the snowball." I said, she smiled and i ran upstairs to get ready. I threw on a dress that wasn't to formal but not trashy either, along with a pair of converse, not classy, but I didn't have dress shoes and heels were so uncomfortable.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Jamie and I were ready and there was a car horn heard outside. We shared a look and quickly ran outside. Jamie got in the back with max and I slipped in the passenger side next to billy. He smiled when I opened the door and I smiled back. We kissed for a second before Jamie and max gagged in the back seat.
"Gross." They said in unison. Me and billy made fake make out sounds to piss them off and they started laughing. We pulled away and he started driving. Tainted love by soft cell was playing, all of us sang it in unison, not very well, but we were all smiling and having fun. Billy put his hand on my thigh and I smiled. I saw max and Jamie whisper something from the rear view mirror.
"What are you guys whispering about?" I asked with a grin.
"Nothin." Max replied, I rolled my eyes, billy and I chatted while Jamie and max talked.

We soon pulled up to school, the lot wasn't super packed because we were early. We all got out, max and Jamie rushed in the building to see it, even though their friends weren't there. My dress was unzipped still and I couldn't quite get it.
"Could you zip up my dress?" I asked billy.
"You look better without it." He flashed a grin, I rolled my eyes and he zipped it up. I smiled afterwards.
"Thank you."
"Mhm." He smiled.
"You look very nice." He added.
"So do you." He was wearing a suit, not a fancy one, but it was still adorable.

Everyone soon started to pile in, I saw Nancy arrive. I kissed billy on the cheek and was off.
"Wait for me?" I asked.
"Yeah." He waved me goodbye. I smiled and ran into the building. Nancy smiled when she saw me and I hugged her. I hadn't actually seen her in a while. It's been to long.
"I'm glad your ok." She said.
"Yeah, billy helped me." She smirked when I said this and I nudged her arm. We talked and helped drinks get served. Jamie, max, and the others were all hanging out at the bleachers. Soon the slow song started to play. Mike danced with El, will and another girl danced, and max and Lucas. Jamie and Dustin looked so sad. Nancy tapped me on the shoulder and walked over to Dustin, they started to dance and I couldn't help but smile. I motioned for Jamie to come over, and he did.
"There's a girl over there, she's lonely to." I whispered. My brother fixed up his outfit and walked over to her. Thank you he mouthed. I nodded and finished up serving drinks.

The song was still playing, so I quickly ran outside. Billy was smoking a cigarette and sitting on his car. When I walked up to him, I held a hand out.
"Dance with me?"
"Absolutely." He pulled me closer to him, then moved his hands down to my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck and we swayed to the beat of the music. Every breath you take by the police. The air grew colder and we stayed closer together. We stared into each other's eyes until he closed the gap between us. We shared a kiss and broke apart soon after.

"I love you." I whispered.
"I love you to." He replied.

AN: ITS OVER!!!! This was super fun to write during my vacation, and I wish it didn't end but I have so many more ideas for other stories. I'm writing a Eddie x Steve one next because I can. ;)

Word count: 1130