Seventeen

13th May

It's around 3pm when me, Milo, Darcie, the ginger and Oakley squeeze into Milo's car after finishing college for the day.

I get to the passenger's seat just a second before Oakaley (who raced me there), I stick my tounge out at him from where he sits sulking in the back as I buckle up my seat belt. He croses his, leans back and glares at me.

Emmy, who's in the middle taps Oak's arm in a comforting way but Oakley just continues to stare straight into my soul. So I turn back and put the radio on, we all groan as Harry styles comes on- including me.

All except Milo who is smiling smugly at me, and Darcie who is obnoxiously humming along with every word right next to Emmy who pulls a face.

Poor lad.

"So, where are we off too?" Milo questions as he takes off.

It's quite warm, we're all in summer clothes. Shirts and shorts, bar Darcie- she's in a yellow summer dress with flowers all over and she looks quite pretty. Milo doesn't look too bad himself, with his legs on display and all.

"Remember, the woods that I found. It's quite excluded but it's nice out there. There's abandoned parks there, hills and shit" we had talked about this at lunch time at our table, well they talked I listened.

Oakley found a nice area, with small hills and woods that he happened to come across one day. He wanted us to go exploring it with him, hence the road trip. He said it's just outside of town but it's not too big of a big journey.

Though I probably should tell my parents about it, otherwise they'll be wondering where I am. If they even care.

But I haven't, it'll be fine I'll just say I'm in an after college club.

"Milo turn it up, this song is so good!" Darcie squeals in the back as she grips my chair to get closer to him. Milo takes a sharp right and turns the volume up at the same time.

Emmy squeaks as Oakley knocks harshly into him when the car turned, squishing him against darcie. Who doesn't seem to care as she sings along quietly to herself.

"Ew! Why do you stink of pure sweat?" I look over my shoudler, at the two of them in the back arguing and pulling at each other and I can't help but laugh. Oakley's armpit is somehow stuck in Emmy's face as he thrashes around.

"I do not stink! How dare you!" Oakley booms out and I laugh again, hiding my smile with a hand.

I turn back and notice Milo staring at me with a smile of his own as we sit in traffic. I quickly turn the music up and stare out my own window, ignoring the others the rest of the way there.

"You can let it go, you can throw a party full of everyone you know
And not invite your family, 'cause they never showed you love
You don't have to be sorry for leaving and growing up."

Darcie was actually right, this is a good song.

*****

Not too long later we finally reached our designation, we all hopped out and stretched out our limbs. Darcie said she spotted a squirel so she dashed of into the woods to go chase it. Which seemed like a great start to a horror movie.

Oakley ran after her screaming at her to not get lost then Emmy went after them screaming not frighten the poor squirell. Even though they were all yelling so they probably already have.

This group is crazy, but not in a bad way. They seem to have fun- even if they're a bunch of weirdos.

"You alright?" Milo comes beside me and asks. I gaze at him for a moment, we still haven't talked about what happened... or what nearly happened should I say.