Twenty eight

The one where everybody finds out...

20th

Currently I'm at Milo's, we all are. Me, Milo, Emmy, Darcie and Oakley. I'm opening gifts they have brought for me, it's my 17th birthday finally.

I don't normally celebrate it, but this year i have friends and said friends have moaned at me telling me I can't not do something. So now we are opening gifts, afterwards we're going paintballing.

Because I don't usually do anything on my birthdays because my parents don't really care, I told them to decide what we do. And Oakley decided on paintballing.

Which at first sounded dreadful but now I'm thinking that it's not so bad, I get to legally shoot my friends after all so it could be fun.

"A hoodie" I say as I open one of Milo's gifts, it's from Louis Vuitton. I hug him in thanks, I then open Emmy's gift and it's a photo album, I flick through some and there's a few pictures of all of us together. Mostly on the hill that we go to, and on that stupid cliff, and some that we took in the water below that stupid cliff and lots from college.

It's cute, sweet. Emmy likes taking pictures, he does photography and I think he wants to do that in the future, something to do with photography or art. I thank him and his cheeks tint, classic emmy.

I open Darcie's and It's a few books that seem like a good read, I don't read a lot but she says these can make anyone want to read. She also gave me dvd box sets of my favourite shows and movies, there's Harry Potter and all sorts. I thank her and she kisses my cheek.

Next Oakley gives me his gift, I read the note on it which says 'from Oakley', "I really mean it" he puts his hand to his chest and I roll my eyes. His present is some new stylish shoes... that totally aren't my style at all. I glance at Milo and he's shaking his head at me with a look so I sigh and look back to Oakley. "Thank you ever so much" I say robotically, because that's not what I wanted to say" he grins and gives me a massive bear hug that nearly topples me over.

After everything we throw the wrapping paper in the bin, Lily comes waddling her way into the front room and walks over to us. She sits next to me and I scowl at her. "Oi, be nice" Milo says and I put my hands up in surrender.

"I am nice, see" I pet her for demonstration. He rolls his eyes and leaves the room, I look down at Lily and sigh. Still petting her, her fur is a bit rough and I relaise this is probably the first time I'm actually petting her.

She's quite old, I don't think she has much life in her left. I glance around to see everyone busy talking, light music is on in the background because it's a 'party'.

I pick Lily up kind of awkwardly because I've never really held a dog before, or any animal. I bring her to my face and look her in her beady eyes. She looks so stupid and derpy.

"Promise to look after Milo for me" I say and she squirms a bit but her body is stiff, "I mean it, as long as you can. Make sure he's okay" I say in a quiet tone, she finally stops wiggling and goes limp in my hands. Then she looks at me dead in the eyes and licks me.

Right on my nose.

And I smile because I take that as a yes, I put her down as I see the door to the living room open and Milo come in. I dust down my clothes of any fur there may be and smile up to him when he sits next to me on the couch. He hands me something and I raise a brow.

"Your last gift" it's an envelope, I scrunch up my forehead and tear the envelope open. I take out whatever is inside and it takes me a second to realise, I gasp and look at him.

"Is this?-" I question but cut myself off to look down at the tickets in my hand again, to see if this is real.

"Yeah it is, they're going on tour soon" I look up to see him with a massive grin and I match it.