Twenty five

7th June

I stuff all my clothes in my bag that I took with me to Milo's house, if his mother saw me crumble up my clothes that she spent a while ironing she'd probably have a heart attack. But I'm in a rush, I think I'm going to to back home today.

Milo says I shouldn't, he's in the bathroom now so I thought I'd quickly get packed up so he can't protest it. Everytime I tried gathering my belongings he'd just throw them out of my bag and say that I shouldn't go home, because it's not safe. Or whatever.

But he doesn't get it.

It's not like that, my father punishes me then we go back to acting normal, Milo probably thinks it's a constant thing. It's not, not really. Only when I've pissed my father off, and anyway he's barely home- I'm pretty sure no ones home today. So I'm fine anyway.

I finally get the last pieces of clothing and my hair brush tucked away in my bag before I hear the door open.

"What are you doing?" A voice breaks the quietness of the air and I don't turn around knowing it's Milo. But I hear him come closer as I zip my bag up, "wait, Harvey what are you doing?" He questions as he places a gentle hand on my wrist.

He leans over my shoulder and I turn my head to him, "I have to go Milo" he looks hurt for a second, furrowed brows and glistening eyes. But before he can speak I do, "I've been wearing the same two outfits for ages now, I barely have any underwear left and I feel bad for your mother."

He shakes his head, which i can feel on my shoudler, still confused as he tries to process what I'm saying. "What? No, my mum doesn't care that you're here. She likes it actually, caring for another person, it distracts her. I swear she doesn't mind." I sigh at that.

"And if clothes are a problem we can quickly go to your room without your parents knowing and you can come back, it's fine we'll be quick." He grabs my hand and goes to walk to the window but I dig my feet into his carpet so we can't move.

He turns back to me with a sad smile and I put my arms around his wasit. Having to tilt my head up slightly to look him in his pretty blue eyes, "Milo it's okay, I need to go back- i want to go back. It's my house I can't just up and leave, and anyway my parents aren't even home right now-"

"It's dangerous Harvey" he speaks out with a hoarse voice, "I don't want you back there, living in the same house as him. He hit you-" I go to step back but he tightens his grip on me so I can't leave. I try to avoid his eyes but he moves his head so I can see him.

"He hurt you okay, I saw how he had you on the floor like that- it was horrible. I don't want you to go through that again," I go to speak but he cuts me off. "And yeah I know 'he only does it when I misbehave' but beating your kid isn't normal okay? And from what you've told me that isn't the first time he has hurt you."

I shake my head at him, "I don't care, I'm used to it" I see him bite at his lip and his eyes hold a certain sadness to them. "I can handle it, I've handled it for so long there's no point in running now. It's fine, please Milo" I almost beg him, beg him to actually listen to me.

I don't want him worrying like this but I can tell he is, with the way his teeth bite hardly down on his lip. The slight tremble in his voice and the shaky breath of air he takes, I can tell he's worried for me.

"Okay" he whispers out, voice breaking a tiny bit. He leans down and rests his forehead against mine and I close my eyes, "okay."

So in the end he gave up, he kisses me on my forehead, then my cheek and then my lips. He lingered there a while, and he hugged me- tight, yet somehow gentle. As if he was scared I'd break. He clung on to me like he wouldn't see me again, I knew he was being dramatic but it was kind of nice.