Lovefool (Fem reader)

Another request, requested by sayoriteamo ! This one is based on ending seven, and also on the song "Lovefool" if you couldn't tell from the title! Enjoy! ^^

John Doe POV
I don't know what I'm going to do anymore. I've tried so, so hard for Y/N to love me, but I've failed every time. I don't understand why this is happening to me. I don't want this. I don't want to be alone. I looked at my reflection in the cracked bathroom mirror. I just don't get it. Why won't she love me? What was wrong with me? Am I the problem? I turned away from the mirror, when realization hit me. It's me.

I'm the problem. I'm not good enough for her. I need to change myself for her. I need to take on a better form. I turned to face the mirror again. Maybe she doesn't like my hair? No, I think it's my teeth. And eyes. It could also be just my face in general. I spent hours studying myself and my potential imperfections, trying to find things about myself that I should change. I finally created the perfect version of myself, just for Y/N.

I looked much more "normal" than usual, yet I was still somewhat recognizable. I struggled to put my hoodie on properly, but I eventually I slipped it over my shoulders. I was finally good enough for Y/N. It was getting late, so I crept into my bedroom. I lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I couldn't sleep very well. Then again, I never really sleep well. I stayed there until morning.

Once morning hit, I got up and rushed to the train station. There she was, sitting at her usual spot. Y/N looked at me, and I smiled back at them. She looked away. We both got off at our usual stop. I went across the street, waiting for the right time to talk to her. Finally, I walk back to the gas station and step inside.

Y/N was behind the counter, not really paying any attention to her surroundings. She looks so pretty. I walked up to the counter. "Oh, hello! Do you need help with anything?" She asked. I quickly came up with a response. "I don't really need anything, I'm just looking around!" I could tell she didn't shower today. Her scent was intoxicating. I could barely keep my composure. "Hey, what kind of shampoo do you use? You smell really nice!" I said. "Oh, I actually forgot to shower today." She replied. A few seconds pass. "Oh, I didn't know that. I'm sorry!" I said. Silence filled the store.

"Hey, what's your name?" I asked. "I'm Y/N, says it right here on my name tag." She answered, showing off the name tag pinned to her shirt. "Well, I'm John Doe! Are you free after work? I was thinking we should hang out, you seem really nice!" I suggested. "I don't know about that. I mean, I just met you a few minutes ago." She replied. I was hesitant on what to say next. "Well, I'll give you some time to think about it. I have to go now, see you later I hope!" I said, leaving the store. I don't think my plan is working. But I can't give up now.

Y/N POV
Once my shift was over, I left the gas station and started making my way to the train station. Suddenly, John appeared from behind one of the gas pumps. "Hi! Have you thought about my offer?" He asked me. "Oh, you startled me. How long have you been waiting here?" I asked in response. He didn't say anything. Weird... "So about my offer, have you decided yet?" He asked again, ignoring my question. "I don't think I should be bringing strangers home, I'm sorry! Maybe another time?" I responded. He looked rather upset, before walking off. I continued on my way to the train station.

I felt kind of bad for rejecting him. Maybe I did the right thing? I don't know.  The train stopped, and I hurried up to my apartment. I took my keys from my pocket and tried unlocking the door. Oddly enough, it was already unlocked. I slowly opened the door, checking to see if someone was inside. Everything seemed to be okay. I hesitantly stepped inside, locking the door behind me. Sitting on the couch, I felt quite exhausted from work. I started to close my eyes when suddenly, I could feel someone standing in front of me.

It was John. "John?! How'd you get in my house? What are you doing here?!" I asked, panicking. "I've tried so hard for you Y/N. Why? Why do I fail every time?" He asked in response. I was confused. Suddenly, everything became distorted, and John's appearance changed. I started to recognize him a lot more now. "Why?! I did everything I thought was right! I did everything I could to make you happy. But why? Why did you reject me?" He continued. I couldn't figure out what to say.

"I love you Y/N! I've always loved you! I'll do anything to make you happy. I don't care about anything, just you!" He exclaimed, walking closer to me. He dropped to his knees. "Please... I did everything right didn't I? Just say you love me..." He begged. I remained silent. Then, I finally figured it out. I knew why he seemed so familiar to me. I've met him before, dozens of times. It's like we're in a loop of some sort.

"We've met before, haven't we?" I asked. John nodded. "We're going to keep meeting like this aren't we? It's an endless cycle." I said. He nodded again. I stood up, and helped John stand up as well. I hated seeing him this upset. Did I really make him think that he needed to change? I felt horrible. "I love you too John, but not when you're pretending to be something you're not. I'm so sorry if I made you feel like you needed to change yourself to make me happy. I love you just the way you are, John!" I told him.

John embraced me in a tight hug. "Thank you thank you thank you! I love you Y/N, I love you so much!" He exclaimed. I kissed his forehead. "I love you too!" I replied. We both kept hugging each other for a few minutes, before kissing. We pulled away, and John smiled.

Alright another request finished! Feel free to suggest more oneshots! (Also apparently John Doe can PUR?! So uh... Request what you will with that information 👍)

Wordcount: 1121