Chapter Twenty-Five

The next morning, Ashley gradually woke up from her beauty sleep as she instantly got out of her bed. She then headed straight away towards the dining room with her Leafeon following right beside her.

As she was walking through the sandy beach she saw Gloria, Yuna, and the rest of the gang. Delilah was brushing Alolan Ninetales’s fur and spotted her. Ashley looked at them for a second before walking off. “What’s got into her?” Ash asked. “She was so happy yesterday and now this?” “Maybe it was from the Pokévision competition.. I hope Ashley doesn’t get angry at us for being in third place..” Julie spoke worryingly as Gallade went off to check on her. “Hey Gallade, what are you doing?” Clemont spoke as Gallade looked back at Delilah. “Gall, Gallade.”

“Okay, just make sure whatever happens to her, protect her.” She said as Gallade nodded and left.

Meanwhile back with Ashley who was walking through the forest looking rather unhappy. She couldn't believe yesterday she had found out what Kasper and Eleanor had done to the poor girl's mother from the Alola region.

She took a deep breath and looked at her Leafeon with a gentle smile on her face. "Ashley, we need to talk." She turned to face her ex-boyfriend Kasper, giving her the angry death glare. “What now? I don’t have time for this.” Ashley glared at him as he sighed. “You know, I want to apologise for yesterday’s match.”

“Sure you are.”

“Ashley please..”

“No! Not another word from you Kasper!”

Kasper was about to say something when suddenly, out of nowhere Gallade jumped in front of Ashley.  As he was giving the death glare to Kasper who slowly backed away from the Fighting/Psychic-type. "You know what, fine I'm leaving anyway along with Eleanor." He rudely responded before turning his head, before storming it off looking rather aggravated.

Ashley looks back at Delilah's Gallade with a small smile at him. "Thank you." She responded quietly to him. Gallade gave her a gentle bow, smiling politely. "Let's head back to the others, before they'll get very worried." She softly replied to him with Gallade and Leafeon nodded to her as they instantly left the forest to head back to the camp.

🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊

When she arrived back at the camp with them she saw the others waiting for her. She fastly moved her legs to catch up with those who were reading the maps for today's activity. "Good morning, Trainers." Professor Sycamore warmly greeted them with his usual smile with Jake and Audrey standing right next to him. "Now then, let's begin day five, the PokéEnteering!" He went on to them.

Professor Sycamore looks back at Ashley giving her a reassuring smile. "Everyone, give it your all with Pokémonship and fairness!" He finished explaining to them before turning his head having a conversation with Jake and Audrey.

"Today we'll get ten points for sure!" Ash jovially exclaimed, with his Pikachu nodding. Ashley didn't say anything as she was listening to the professor. "Everyone, let's get ten points!" He instantly puts his fist right in front of them, while they are doing the same thing. Then they happily threw their hands up in the air.

"All right, then." Jake firmly announced, holding a flag in his hand as everyone was getting ready to race right away. Just then, he threw the flag down. "Start!" Ashley began running very fast with the others catching up to her.

They ran all the way to the cliff as Sophie waved her arm over to them. "There's a checkpoint!" Ash joyously shouted as he was still moving his legs. "All right, we're in the lead!" Ashley still didn't say a word jogging all the way to the first checkpoint.