Chapter Twenty-Seven

Couple of days after the Pokemon Summer Camp came to the end, everyone went their separate ways. Ashley reunited with Ash, Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie reunited back to the group then set themselves off on their journey straight to Shalour City for Ash upcoming Gym Battle against Korrina and Ashley's very first Pokemon Showcase that is coming tomorrow. Before leaving the camp Tierno teaches Ash and his Pokemon how to 'move and groove' what Ashley had heard from Serena and had a very long conversation with Delilah about how whenever she uses her Gardevoir to Mega Evolve she would always use the wrong moves from the last two battles she had with Korrina and Alain.

Delilah gave her some advice on how to handle a Mega Pokemon. It was not that long ago they had that talk. She remembers it like it was just yesterday.

Flashback

Ashley and her Pokemon headed back to the campground very late at midnight after hanging out with Alain, she saw Delilah sitting on the sandy beach ground gently brushing her Eevee's tail. She quickly sprinted over to them along with her Pokemon. "Bonsoir Delilah." She happily responds and gently waves to her. Delilah caught her attention and waved back at her with a positive smile. Ashley slowly took a seat right next to Delilah staring at the stars.

"I wanted to say thank you for helping me and Luka in today's battle." Delilah began to speak up, growing a warmth smile across her face as her Eevee crawled out from her lap and headed straight forward to Ashley's Pokemon. "Hey, it's no problem at all, but I understand why you're short on team." She softly responds, turning her head to face back at the red head girl.

"I could sense something that made you look very nervous." Delilah recalls to her. Ashley took a small pause for a moment about what she was going to have to say to her new friend. She breaks her silence to open her mouth. "It's just that... I keep on remembering about my Gardevoir."

"Oh.." Delilah mutters quietly with her arms crossed watching her Eevee playfully running around as well as Leafeon and Paris. "Yeah, recently my Gardevoir could Mega Evolve and let's just say I have battled two trainers with it... She always uses the wrong moves whenever I tell her to use the right one." Ashley had stopped explaining everything to her before looking at the clear blue ocean.

Delilah slowly placed her hand gently onto her shoulder. "Ashley, you gotta not only focus on yourself but the strong bond you have with Gardevoir. In the meaning life having this strong bond when it comes to having Mega Evolutions, it doesn't happen overnight you need to focus on everything with training them in perfect harmony together." She sweetly replied to her. Ashley looked back at Delilah with her heart stopped beating very fast. She didn't know what she's to say to her then gently formed a small smile across her face.

End Flashback

Ashley had stopped having a moment as she walked over to the front desk, placing her PokeDex on the middle of the screen. She waited for the PokeDex to get scanned in a few minutes. "All right, Ashley-san from Pallet Town." Nurse Joy happily recalls with a warming smile as she sees Ashley quickly grabbing the PokeDex out from the front desk. "Your registration for the Rookie Class has been completed." Ashley slowly puts her stuff back into the pocket before heading to the waiting room where Ash and the others were just having a deep conversation about Ash having to pick up on Tierno's rhythmic battle style. Unfortunately Ash and Clemont won't be able to come to her first Pokemon Showcase tomorrow due to Ash having his Gym battle against Korrina.

Ashley cleared her throat to get her friends' attention as they looked at her. "Hey, did you get yourself signed up for tomorrow's showcase?" Serena asks her best friend as she slowly stands up from her seat. Ashley took her deep breath, getting ready to answer her question. "Yes, I'm finally going to be in my first Pokemon Showcase... But I'm a little nervous." She softly responds as they quickly headed their way out of the Pokemon Center when they had spotted Delilah and the gang surprisingly.