Max

~Chapter Two~

Her arms ached as she pushed the large round wheels towards the living room to turn down the loud noise of her TV, then carefully made her way over to the door.

"What do you want?" she called out.

"Jenny...it's Max."

She stopped for a moment and then furrowed her brow. What on earth could he be doing here? Reaching over she undid the lock and pushed the door open to reveal Max and what could possibly be his wife Izzy. The woman was a sight as she smiled brightly at Jenny and wrapped an arm around Max. Jenny fought to roll her eyes...like she could take Max from her. She snorted but didn't say what she thought as she greeted them in. There was no need for Izzy to mark her property.

"How did you find me?" She asked, her tone a bit stiff.

"Alex gave me the address. We hadn't heard from you in over a month." He replied.

Once inside Jenny did what she could to make them feel welcomed as Izzy aided her in the kitchen to serve some Lemonade for them both.

"How has everything been?" Izzy asked. Jenny frowned and quickly vanished the raw emotion into a lie. Izzy was clearly simply trying to be nice. The woman had no intention in really getting to know her.

"Everything is going great, I'm almost fully recovered." She replied.

"So I'm guessing that working at Vicky's won't be something you'll continue doing." She asked.

"Obviously, I'm crippled for life." she chuckled. Her laughter almost turned into sobs but she bit her inner cheek until the skin broke. The knot in her throat grew thicker as the thought of never being able to walk again sunk in deeper. This wasn't what she had planned on at all. Everything she had ever dreamt of was now slowly deteriorating in front of her, all her dreams and goals. Now being handicapped Jenny would have to make new goals, ones with little hope.

"I'm sorry, for all of this Jenny." She said. Jenny nodded in a thin lip smile and made her way over to her living room where Max sat looking at the news. She lowered her gaze so that Izzy wouldn't feel the need to feel threatened, although she saw it impossible to be a threat to this gorgeous woman. Max had a great gal, a new future to look forward to and a life, a life something Jenny would never ever have.

"Here," She muttered offering the glass of lemonade to Max. He took it replying with a thank you and gulped the yellow liquid down.

"So how has everything been, how far are you in your recovery, it's been nearly a month." He asked.

"I'm doing really good, I have so much support from family and friends, I couldn't be more happy to have them all here." She chuckled.

"I'm glad to hear it, have you been going to your therapy?" he asked.

"Follow up with it every Thursday and Sunday, but there's no hope there."

"Why, I happen to think you could fully recover?"

"No, that's just it, I'm never going to walk again, but the doctor's insist I keep giving it a try to keep my legs strong." She sighed.

"I'm sorry Jenny, really I am, but at least you're alive and well. Your able to live and that's all that matters at the moment." he replied.

She felt tears come but she sucked them in forcing her eyes to dry instead of water. She would not grieve over her situation but simply suppress the depression and suck it all in. After coming home all she had done was weep and she was far done with that. No matter how much the need to shed tears came she simply would not allow herself to spill a single one. This was her fate sealed and stamped and there wasn't a damn thing she could do about it.