Together

Chapter Twenty Two

Finally able to have alone time with Vicky, Jenny quietly made her way over towards the small child wrapped in a bundle in her mother's arms. The room lay silent and nothing could be heard but the faint suckling coming from Alexander's little girl.

"Is she asleep?" Jenny whispered.

"Hardly, she fights it." Vicky chuckled.

She reached the side of the bed and Vicky quickly offered the small child to Jenny in a gentle gesture. "What did you name her?" Jenny asked.

"Betsy Alexandria Jewels."

"She's beautiful, Vicky. Alex and you must feel so proud." Jenny gushed.

"I never expected to get this far, I always imagined I would make something else of my life instead of a mother. However, fate had different plans."

Jenny could not help but agree with Victoria as she nestled the small child close to her chest. She could not help but smile and look down to Betsy, whom stared at her with huge blue eyes.

"Have you spoken to Max about your progress, surely he must take notice that you have begun to grow stronger?" Vicky suddenly asked.

"No, he has no clue, after New Year's I tried to work up the courage but I figured I could wait and tell him when his birthday came around." She replied.

"I think that's a brilliant idea, and it is only a month away. I cannot wait to see the reaction he is going to have. This is a big step for the both of you. I'm so happy to see you two together, I never expected it, but when I heard the news...it seemed right."

Jenny smiled clearly feeling genuine at her words, she had not expected to fall in love either, but the sincerity in him and kindness was what she had seen past his flaws. Every time he happened to drop by, it had been an action of friendship. One that grew to bloom into something both had not expected. Deep within herself, she could not help but thank Izzy for being unique and seeing past Max's attempt to hide what he truly felt.

"I'm a bit nervous to be honest, but I owe it to Max to try and get better." Jenny said.

"He is lucky to have you, and I can't help but admire him for looking deep inside you and finding what he was looking for." Vicky chuckled.

Betsy stretched giving the cutes grunting noise as she slowly closed her eyes and nestled closer to Jenny's warm embrace. The thought of someday having to hold her own made her heart lurch. The trance was broken when a knock echoed on the other side of the door. "Can we come in?" Max whispered.

Jenny smiled up at him as he crouched down next to her to look at Betsy nestled in her arms. His hand came around her back and Max nestled his head unto her shoulder letting out a small sigh.

"This is something I hope to see sometime soon." Alex suddenly said.

Max chuckled and helped Jenny place Betsy back into her mother's arms. They talked for a while and after an hour had gone by, they decided to depart and make their way home.

***

Max felt his heart accelerate and he could not help but tightened his hold around the steering wheel as he stole small glances at Jenny. He did not want to rush her but truth be told he was almost desperate to know what it be like. Weird enough he had never anticipated to wonder what intimacy would feel like with a woman. He did not question whether it was the fact that he had not had any contact with a woman, he knew it had nothing to do with that. Rather Jenny sparked a curiosity in Max since he had met her. Now that he was well aware of his feelings for her, it made him feel different in such a good way. Not able to resist he reached over and entwined their hands together. He squeezed a little too hard and quickly loosened his hold as he pressed a smile on his face.