Vacation

Chapter Seventeen

Jenny sighed as she stared up at Danny feeling her stomach want to hurl from the anger-storing deep within her gut. She avoided her gaze down to the wooden glossy floor of her living room and bit down on her lip. Today had not turned out as planned as Danny kept penetrating her with his gaze, she felt the last threat to her patience break.

"I think you should see your way out." She muttered.

"Why won't you believe me?" He asked.

"It's very difficult to believe something like that after the bad misfortune I've had all my life." She replied.

"I want to give us another try, Jenny...I've missed you." He whispered.

"You missed the old me Danny, not the now me. Look at me!" She snapped.

Danny sighed and ran a hand through his hair as a frown covered his eyes when they casted down to her legs.

"Jenny, we can look for medical help, I can find you a doctor that will find a way to help you get better." He reassured.

"If you can't love me like this Danny then who will?" She asked.

"I care for you Jenny, I don't think I'm there yet but I do want you to get better. Is it bad that I want happiness for you?" He questioned.

Jenny was about to reply when a knock came at her door. Confused she went to answer only to find a very in distress Max standing at the door. Her world flipped to see him and she shuttered openly as she locked gazes with him.

"Is this a bad time?" He asked.

"Max?" Danny asked. Jenny felt trapped and she quickly scooted away while Max pushed his way inside without a word. "Help me explain to Jenny what I said to you the other day, I feel I am not making myself clear." Danny begged.

"There is no need for you to concern yourself with this," Jenny intervened.

"Max?" Danny said.

***

On his walk Max had found himself retracing familiar steps and somehow as he thought about her, he realized then that he stood outside her door. Now he stood in her hall, standing between Danny and she having an argument. He fought for words to say as he looked at Danny trying to be reasonable.

"What's this about?" Max asked.

"Max, don't." Jenny growled.

He felt himself grow chiseled to feel her reach out and grasp his arm and he did no attempt to fidget away from the warm feeling spreading through his arm up unto his chest.

"Please." Danny muttered.

"If...if Jenny disagrees there is nothing I can say to convince her of what you want to offer."

Danny fisted his hands and stared down to where Jenny had her hand around Max's arm, then so suddenly, the frown on his face turned into a dark glare.

"You're in love with him aren't you?" He asked in a growl.

***

Jenny felt the words hit her hard as she removed her hand away from Max and pushed back in her chair. "Are you insane?" She snapped.

Danny did not say another word and simply stormed out slamming her door hard. Jenny grew a bit flabbergasted as she felt the silence between them grow.

"What are you doing here Max?" She asked in a whisper.

"I don't really know." He muttered.

She smiled nonetheless happy to see him, the month felt like it had only been seconds as she glanced up to look at him. Although Max looked distracted and exhausted he was still the same handsome man she had seen that morning at the old coffee shop long ago.