.12~2.

"Why are you here though?" Seokjin finally queried, resting his hands on his hips as he looked at Namjoon.

"Mom called us over for dinner at 6, did you forget?" Namjoon chuckled out, watching as Seokjin's eyebrows raised in realization. The man's eyes snapped to the clock hung on the white walls of the gym. 5:14.

"Shit I forgot about that-" both brothers said together. Yes, Taehyung was called too and he had enough time for this once so he had decided to tag along with Seokjin and Namjoon to his parents' house.

Namjoon sighed, looking at the sweaty males in front of him.

"I'll take a quick shower and be with u," Seokjin hastily said, getting out of the ring and jogging to the locker rooms. Contrasting to Seokjin's briskness, Taehyung walked lazily with Namjoon out of the ring.

"Tch tch, I wonder where his mind's at nowadays. He never slacks off like this, forgetting and possibly delaying such an important appointment," Taehyung expressed his disappointment further with a mocking head shake.

"You do know that you forgot and possibly delayed said 'important appointment' too right-"

"Jokes on you, I'm never on time," Taehyung replied cheekily, dabbing a fluffy white towel to his glistening temple and neck. Namjoon chuckled, sitting on the bench he had rested his bag on. Suddenly a question popped up in his mind.

"Hey, how'd things go with Jungkook that day? Both of you never really told and I forgot to ask," He asked with eager curiosity sprawled over his face. Taehyung's bright demeanor dulled severely at the mention of the college student and Namjoon didn't fail to notice.

"I'm guessing it'd didn't go well...?" Namjoon suggested with a small wince. Taehyung sighed before plopping down beside Namjoon, looking at his hands.

Namjoon opened his mouth to offer some words of comfort before Taehyung spoke up.

"Is he straight? Not into guys?"

The older of the 2 blinked at the question, many questions of his own coming to his mind.

"As straight as a rainbow- but why are u asking though?" He replied, looking at Taehyung's brooding face. After a small pause, Taehyung launched into a narration of the events of that night, skipping directly to what happened outside the convenience store.

By the end of the small tale, Namjoon was looking at him with a pitying grimace. Though as much as he pitied Taehyung and wished things would have gone differently, he understood better than anyone why Jungkook reacted the way he did. The boy's experience in love hadn't been the best and it could all be summed up into 'Once burnt, twice shy.' Despite knowing the cause, Namjoon couldn't tell Taehyung. It wasn't his place to, and he knew it. Nevertheless, he felt sorry for his brother-in-law.

"So if he's as straight as a rainbow, why'd he lie?!" Taehyung asked exasperatedly. It's cuz I'm not even interested in guys. I'm straight, u asshole. Taehyung thought that in all honesty, this reason was slightly foolish and very clearly a flimsy excuse, exaggerated to seem important enough to shut him up, but it only made him more confused and reluctant to accept defeat. What confused Taehyung even more, was why Jungkook had to give such a stupid lie of an excuse and not whatever truth he hid. He had been puzzling over this ever since that night, honestly wasting his time but he wanted to know. And so far in life, what Taehyung wanted, he got.

Namjoon sighed, contemplating whether to try soothing Taehyung's curiosity and confusion or to straightforwardly tell him to respect Jungkook's boundaries. He bit his lip uneasily before speaking.

"Well you know he might not have told the truth...for a reason? And honestly, how much do you guys even know each other for him to trust you enough to tell you?"He merged both his thoughts and worded them out cautiously to Taehyung, who just rolled his eyes upon hearing it.