.13.

𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐚: 𝐀𝐧 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲

-----------------------------------------------

Everything was going so fast. Outside the window, the world just zoomed by which somehow made Namjoon's inside twist more than it already had. The thick silence which had settled in the car wasn't helping either. He glanced to the side but then quickly looked back, shivers going down his spine at the sight of the cold, soul-less look in Seokjin's eyes and the tight flex in his jaw.

The brunette sighed silently through his nose and let his head lean on the window as the events of the past half an hour replayed in his head again.
|
|
|
|
|
"Oh, I didn't expect you all to arrive together," Seokjin's mom said, giving a half-hearted laugh in an attempt to thaw the tension. Namjoon returned her a smile and then looked at Taehyung, who looked equally confused as he felt.

"Is it ok if I ask who this-" Namjoon started but was interrupted.

"Let's get inside, shall we?" Everyone was silent at Seokjin's tone and the sudden feeling of eerie calm. The relaxed cool it held earlier was gone and now there was that stone-cold expression. It would be hard for anyone to differentiate between the 2 but Namjoon was too familiar with the latter to not recognize it.

Seokjin's mother was the most anxious. She didn't know what to make of Seokjin's eerie calm at all and it made her fear of everything spiraling out, much much strong.

In about 5 minutes, everyone was seated around the big circular dining table in the dining room. At first, there were only soft murmurs from the children present and their mother and Seokjin's mother. Arrangements were made and a high chair for the baby was brought and another sort of chair for the small girl.

After everyone had settled down, not a word was uttered. As if any sound would be raucous.

Soon enough the food was brought it in without the usual dinner small talk which happens between guests. Seokjin's mother's gaze was overwrought as it bounced from her middle son who sat between Namjoon and her youngest, to the man who sat 2 seats down her right between the baby and the woman. He fed the baby on his right and also managed to eat himself, his jaw looking tense as he chewed on the juicy, top-quality steak which was served.

For quite some time, nothing but the clink of the cutlery and occasional gurgles and squeals from the baby as his father fed him whatever mushy stuff babies eat. The other children were surprisingly well-behaved and quiet.

"So Jin, Tae...it's been some time. How've you been?"

Taehyung chewed, looking as confused as ever cuz he still couldn't recognize who this person is. Seokjin on the other hand continued cutting a piece from the steak left on his plate. His eyes snap up to finally look at the deliverer of those words. And that was when the subtle scary undertone that was around Seokjin's words upon their arrival showed outrightly.

The first thing Seokjin did in response was chuckle. Chuckle so dryly and humourlessly that it was painfully obvious how the succeeding words were gonna be anything but heartfelt.

"Oh, it's been some time all right. Been quite some time," He said with a sardonic smile on his face as he put down his fork and knife and reached for his half-empty glass of water. The wry tone of his words didn't go unnoticed by the man but he just swallowed and looked at Taehyung who was looking at his parents in slight distress.

"I didn't quite- I don't quite know who this is, mum...?" He awkwardly said, trying his best to be polite and apologetic. Namjoon, who had been trying to focus on the food and not how Seokjin's knuckles turned white due to how hard he held his flatware but also listening to everything, looked up at this moment in hopes of finding an answer to his shared curiosity and confusion with Taehyung.