Chapter VII: Déjà vu?

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's POV

I was waiting for the bus that was going to take me to Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing School. Originally I had planned to go there by walking, it was going to be a long walk but I could at least enjoy one last time the view of the streets of Tokyo.

I wasn't waiting alone though, Tsubasa was also waiting alongside me. She was hugging my arm with a beaming smile on her face, the reason was quite simple. Not only were we fortunate enough to be admitted but also we were assigned to the same classroom.

The reason why I would take a bus instead of walking was quite simple. I had overslept, I supposed that it was expected considering that I'd been sleeping less than two hours these past days and my night activities had taken a toll on me. A normal person wouldn't be alive in the first place, right?

It didn't take too long until the bus arrived, unfortunately there weren't any empty seats so we had to keep standing. I was young thus I didn't have a problem with it, however the same couldn't be said for the old lady who boarded with us. She was wobbling and trying her best not to fall.

「Excuse me, could you offer up your seat to this eldery woman?」

As I expected, Tsubasa couldn't stay silent when someone is in need. The person who she had talked to was a young, well-built blond man. He was wearing the same uniform as us, he was also sitting in one of those priority seats.

「That's a really crazy question, lady. Why should I offer up my seat? There's no reason for me to do so.」

After hearing his answer I had no doubts that trying to convince him was going to be a fruitless endeavor. I didn't want Tsubasa to engage in a pointless argument so I whispered to her to give up and try another approach.

「Everyone, please listen to me. Can anybody give up their seat for this woman? It doesn't matter who, please.」

Instead of appealing to a single seated person she was doing to everyone present, she even bowed to increase her chances of success. I thought that someone would raise their hand, sadly everyone just looked away.

As I kept looking I noticed that unlike the other passengers who were either pretending not to have heard or looking hesitating, there was a girl whose face was emotionless as if she didn't care at all. She was reading a book, could it be that she was so engrossed that she didn't notice the commotion.

Fortunately it didn't take long for an office lady to offer up her seat. I thought that everything was over when I saw from the corner of my eye that a girl was approaching us. She had short beige-colored hair, also she had a pretty well endowed figure.

「Hey! Good job on that one. Have you taken a bit longer, I'd be the one to intervene for the old lady's sake.」

「Well, I just couldn't stay quiet and let the old lady to her own luck.」

「By the way, I'm Kushida Kikyou. I'm in class D, how about you?」

「I'm Nanase Tsubasa, also in Class D. Also this is Kiyotaka-san, he's from class D too.」

At the mention of my name I turned my head to see Kushida, it would be rude if I didn't. She had a beautiful face accompanied with some pretty gradient crimson red eyes. It was at that moment when our eyes met that I felt a shock run through my body.

It was a nostalgic feeling, it was the same feeling I felt when I met Tsubasa. I had no doubt that Kushida Kikyou was one of my ten soulmates. I wanted to sigh, just how lucky or unlucky I was to meet another one.

「Kushida-san, are you alright?」

「Y-yes, I'm fine.」

It seemed that our encounter had affected Kushida more than I thought, unlike Tsubasa who only blushed a little when we met. She was beet red, it was amusing to see her trying to regain her composure. She looked at me with puppy eyes so I decided to throw her a lifesafer.