Chapter XII: The tip of the iceberg

Hosinomiya Chie's POV

As the door was being opened I glanced at it curiously. It could either be another teacher or Kiyotaka-chan, luckily it was him. Just looking at his face made me want to smile. Unfortunately I couldn't do it because I knew that instead of a playful smile that I'll always wear it would be one full of love.

I had the feeling that Sae-chan was suspecting me, all thanks to the unusual way I had called him. As long as I'm careful she would pass it as me just being my usual self, right? Thanks to the competitive nature of the school, student-teacher relationships were strictly regulated.

However, Kiyotaka-chan was in a different class so I should be fine, hopefully. Still I should do my best to remain inconspicuous, our relationship has yet to blossom after all. In order to do that I should play my part to the best of my abilities.

「Hey! Kiyotaka-chan did you miss sensei that much already?」I said playfully. Depending on his answer I might reward him with a big hug.

「Hello again Hoshinomiya-sensei.」Kiyotaka-chan said softly.

「Hoshinomiya-sensei? Didn't I tell you to call me Chie-chan?」I said with a bit of anger. I could feel him distant from the tone of his voice. No, think rationally Chie, he's just being cautious.

「Could it be that you're just too shy? It's fine Kiyotaka-chan, that makes you look cuter.」I said cheerfully. I have no doubts that I was grinning as I could feel that calling him cute was annoying him.

「Oh! I didn't expect that to break your composure, Kiyo. Should I start calling you Kiyotaka-chan too then?」Someone had said. I couldn't see the person but going by the tone of the voice, it was a girl.

That piqued my curiosity, Kiyotaka-chan was quite handsome so it wouldn't be strange for girls to roam around him. However I didn't expect it to happen this soon, heck it has been at most a couple of hours since we talked!

「I think you're just imagining things Kiryuin.」Kiyotaka-chan said. Wait a minute, did he say Kiryuin? The infamous best student of the second year, the one who would only talk to those she had taken some interest in. Then, when did she get her eyes on him?

「Kiyotaka-chan please come inside, Sae-chan is waiting for you.」I said. I need to get answers right now! Unfortunately I wasn't prepared for what was coming. Both of them entered the room while holding hands.

「What are you doing with Kiryuin-chan, Kiyotaka-chan? Could it be that you're cheating on sensei already, how cruel!」I said. I moved my hands to make it seem that I was crying though I believe that my face doesn't match my actions.

「Were all those promises of love a lie? What about our baby, you said you'll take responsibility!」I said. At the same time I put a hand on my belly.

「What's this woman talking about Kiyo?」Kiryuin-chan said. Why is she calling him Kiyo? Just how close are they? no, think rationally Chie. It's Kiryuin-chan we're talking about, she's just doing as she wishes. Besides, she'll lose interest in him in a week or so like she did with Horikita-kun or Nagumo-kun.

「That's enough Chie!」Sae-chan said as she smacked my head with her clipboard.

「Ouch! What was that for?」I cried. She had hit me with force this time.

「Ayanokouji, follow me to the guidance room.」She said with an authoritarian tone. Then she started walking there.

Kiryuin Fuka's POV

「The guidance room? Did I do something?」Kiyo asked. However, Chabashira-sensei didn't even look back at him.

「It's fine Kiyotaka-chan, Sae-chan just has a surprise for you.」Hoshinomiya-sensei said teasingly. Now my curiosity has been piqued, what surprise is awaiting Kiyo? So I started dragging him. I've heard rumors that Chabashira-sensei was cold and uncaring towards her own students, thus there is no way I'm going to miss that.