A Fragile Peace

Mew was having breakfast with Gulf when he received a call from unknown number.

"Hello."

"Am I speaking to Mew?"

"Yes, who's this?"

"That's not important here. Listen to me jerk, tell your father to stay away from Tine."

"What? Who the hell a-"

"Shut up. Consider this a warning."

"What are you talking about?"

Sarawat said angrily, "Your father came to Tine's workplace and created a scene there. He abused Tine and had the audacity to slap him."

"W-What do you mean?" Mew stuttered.

"He thinks Tine is having an affair with you even after your marriage."

"I didn't know about this. Is Tine okay?"

Wat scoffed, "You've no right to ask that. Stay away from my Tine."

"Yours? Who the hell are you?"

"None of your business. I don't want you or your family messing with Tine anymore. You couldn't take care of him when he was yours so leave him alone now."

"I don't care who you're but you don't know anything about my relationship with Tine."

Wat hissed, "Oh please I know enough. You're a freaking coward who couldn't stand up to his parents and was cheating on his husband a d boyfriend. You're a low life."

"Listen you-"

"This is the last time I'll let people like you hurt Tine. I'll take care of him so consider yourself warned."

"You-" The call was disconnected.

Gulf was silently munching on his food while various thoughts raged inside his head. Last week had been so blissfully peaceful that he had forgotten everything wasn't perfectly fine. From the look on Mew's face it was obvious that whatever the person on call had said had hurt him. All he could make out was that it was about Tine. For last few days he had completely forgotten about Time but this call and Mew's reaction had proven that Tine would be a part of their lives for a very long time even though both of them had broken up. He hated to admit that he had a tiny little crush on Mew. He has tried really hard to not fall for Mew but it was difficult not to when Mew had been so gentle and loving with him after knowing the truth.

Mew left the food untouched and went to his room to get ready for office. Gulf wanted to ask what was wrong but stopped himself. They may have formed a truce but they weren't close enough to ask such personal questions and he was sure Mew wouldn't confide in him. After Mew left for office, Gulf made snacks for himself and was attending the online classes when the doorbell rang. He was wondering who could it be. He opened the door to see a very handsome man standing there.

"Um.... Who are you?"

The stranger asked, "Isn't it Mew's house?"

"Yes."

"Who're are you?"

"I'm Gulf."

"Oh, you're Mew's husband, right?"

"Yeah."

"I'm Vegas, Mew's school friend."

"Oh, please come inside."

Gulf ushered him inside and brought refreshments for him as he took seat at the couch.

"Mew's not at home right now. He went to office."