Sky

Things were as chaotic as they could be. As if Mew wasn't clingy enough, the boy they had adopted refused to let go of Gulf at any given moment. His name was Sky. He was 8 years old and absolutely adorable and cheeky. He knew how to get his fathers to do his bidding. Mew spoiled him relentlessly. Anything Sky wanted was given without any delay. Entire work of disciplining him came to Gulf. Mew's company had soared to new success and now that money wasn't an issue anymore he kept buying stuff for Gulf and Sky all the time. Gulf had told him million times that he shouldn't splurge like that but Mew hardly listened to him. He loved buying beautiful things for his family, it made him happy.

Gulf shrieked when he saw a beautiful pendant on the dressing table, "Mewwww

Gulf shrieked when he saw a beautiful pendant on the dressing table, "Mewwww. You bought me a locket last month."

"So? It's already been a month."

"What will I do with you?" He said exasperatedly.

"I can suggest lots of things." Mew smiled suggestively.

"Shut up. What's that in your pocket?" Gulf narrowed his eyes suspiciously.

"Nothing."

"Show me. Is it another gift? I'll kill you if it is."

Mew gasped dramatically, "Many people will be quite happy if their husband bought them so many gifts."

"Well, I'm not. You're like a kid. It's like I'm handling two kids."

Sky barged into the room, "I'm hungry."

"Go feed him." Gulf said.

Sky pouted, "No. I want you to feed me."

Mew picked him up, "Why? Why not me? Are you playing favorite?"

Sky pinched Mew's cheeks, "Papa is beautiful."

Mew glared, "And I'm not?"

Sky thought for a while, "You're not ugly but.... "

Mew tried to eat Sky's cheeks making him giggle and shriek, "Papa, dada is trying to eat me."

"He would rather not if he knows what's good for you."

"He's biting my adorable cheeks." Sky whined.

"He bites my cheeks too." Gulf said.

"They are delicious, Gulf. How can I not?"

Gulf glared at him, "I hope we are talking about the same cheeks."

Mew laughed, "Who knows? Let's have breakfast."

"What will we do today?" Sky asked.

"We can go to amusement park."

"Yayyy." Sky squealed.

After finishing their breakfast, the trio went to the amusement park. Sky dragged them from one ride to another. They were taking break at the food court, eating delicious ice cream.

"I'm tired." Gulf exclaimed.

"Conserve your energy, bun. You've to ride different kind of ride tonight." Mew winked.

"Do you want me to throw this ice cream in your face?"

"I would like another sort of cream on my face."

"Oh god, you are really testing my patience."

"So are you in that outfit." Mew said.

"Mew, I'm going to smack you."

Mew whispered in his ears, "I want to smack your ass."

"I'm seconds away from strangling you."

"I didn't know you're into that stuff. Kinky."

"Are you drunk? What did you eat today?"

"I know what I want to eat right now."

"What do you want to eat, Dada?" Sky asked.

"Your father has lost his mind. Let's not talk to him today." Gulf said.

"Bub, you're ignoring me." Mew pouted.

"You're making papa angry. Should Sky beat you?" Sky asked forming little fists.

"Do you think I'm afraid?" Mew tickled Sky making him burst into giggles.

Gulf couldn't help but smile. He couldn't put into words the love he felt for these two. At first they had been scared to adopt someone in their fractured family but the moment Sky smiled at them, they were goner. Sky healed them in places they didn't know were broken. He was such a sweet little kid who had seen worse things at such a young age. His parents had abandoned him in a garbage container when he was 7 years old. When Mew heard that he was ready to track them down and beat the hell out of them. Sky softly asked them to not hurt his parents.

Gulf couldn't stop crying. They could see themselves in that little boy, who was hurt terribly still wanted to be a good boy to his parents. Gulf decided he would protect this little boy and shower him with so much love and affection, he would never feel unwanted for even a second in his life. Sky had taken a liking to them at the first meeting. Sky's smile bugged them a little. The director of orphanage told them how Sky hadn't cried even when he was thrown away. When they found him, he was still smiling.

Hearing that Mew gathered the boy in his arms, "Sky, it's okay to cry. You're a kid so you can cry all you want. If something hurts you then please cry. Don't smile when you don't feel happy."

"Good boys don't cry." Sky said.

"That's not true, bun. Good boys cry when they are hurt, smile when they're happy."

"Crying would get Sky beaten." He said as matter of fact.

"Bun, no one will ever beat Sky again. No one will ever hurt you again. Papa will protect you." Gulf said with tears in his eyes.

"Why are you crying? You're too old to cry."

"Bun, when in pain people are allowed to cry regardless of their gender or age. So bun cry instead of keeping it all in. We can all cry together if you're scared to do it alone."

Sky stared at them for few seconds but watching Mew and Gulf cry made him cry too. He waited for beating to start but it didn't. He felt two pair of arms wrap around him, engulfing him in the warmth. No one had hugged him before. It felt good. He sobbed like he had never done before. He kept crying until he couldn't anymore. He felt tired so he closed his eyes and slept in their embrace. When they had brought Sky to their home, he hadn't talked much. He would do whatever he was told to do but kept a certain distance emotionally.

One morning he woke up and saw Mew packing his bag and started wailing. Gulf and Mew were startled and immediately rushed to calm him down.

"Bun, what's wrong?"

"Are you hurt?"

"Are you leaving? Will you throw away Sky?"

Gulf hugged the child tightly, "Of course not. We aren't going anywhere. Bun, calm down. It's all okay. We are here. Dada is just packing stuff to give to his friend. He's not going anything."

Sky sniffled, "He won't?"

"Nope, little bean. Where would I go when I have such a sweet little bun waiting for me here?"

"Sky is good boy?"

"Sky is the best boy in this world. No one is as good as Sky." Gulf said.

"Really?"

"Yes. Why don't we have hot chocolate today? Would Sky like that?"

"Yes."

Maybe they can heal each other as they learned to love and care. Everyone is a little broken and sometimes we have find someone who can heal that part and sometimes we have to heal others.