Running Away

"I'm really tired of all this. I want it to end. I can't take it anymore." Gulf screamed at Mew.

"Bun, calm down. I'll han-"

"Stop lying to me."

"I'm not lying. Why would I lie to you? I know you're stressed-"

"Stressed? You think I'm stressed. I'm freaking sick of it all."

Mew tried to hold Gulf's hand, "I know. I'm trying, Gulf. I promised you I won't let anyone hurt you and I mean it."

"I don't believe you. Are you even capable of saving me? Everyone is against us. Your parents, my parents, Liam, how can we possibly fight them?"

"We will. We have each other."

"So what if we have each other? Does that make any difference? Everyone is hell bent on destroying my life. I know you are trying hard but it won't be enough."

"I'll make it work. Liam won't get his way. I'll keep him away from you."

"How will you do that? Your father is still the president of the company. How much share do you even own? Because I own none. I have absolutely no power in my parents company. They have already threatened to disown me. Don't you think your parents would do the same?"

"Still I'm the only heir. My father would never kick me out of the company no matter how angry he gets." He tried to pacify Gulf.

"You're still his puppet, aren't you? How long will it take for you to agree to his demands? If he'll cut our cash flow, what will we able to do?"

"Gulf, let's calm down and think about it. Fighting won't solve anything."

"Will you starve with me?"

"Gulf-"

"You won't, right? Being poor after having everything at your finger tips would be a nightmare. Do you think you can do it?"

"I won't let that happen. Why won't you trust me?"

"It's not about trust. I know you are doing your best but it still won't be enough. I need to think about what to do in case you abandon me in future."

Mew stood up angrily, "What the hell is wrong with you? Why you keep talking like I'm betraying you or something? We need to figure out things. It's not like I have absolutely no power."

"But-"

"Gulf, what has gotten into you? I know you are scared but don't push me away."

"I'm not pushing you away. I'm being realistic. Everyone is forcing me to become a s*** and you want me to calm down. How am I supposed to be calm? All you say is that you'll handle it. When? It's been a week since that day at your parent's house. They keep calling me everyday to give in. My parents aren't any better either. I can't even file a police complaint against Liam."

"I have already told my parents that we won't agree to this. I'm not giving in to then anymore."

"So what did your father say? Huh? Did he agree? Of course not."

New ran his hand through his hair in exasperation, "Bun, I could leave the company. I'll find job somewhere else."

"And your parents would let that happen?"

"I know they wouldn't be quiet about it but I can't do much if I'm dependent on them for everything. First of all we need to break free from them. They wanna disown us? Fine, we would walk out on our own."

Gulf sniffled, "Walk away? How far do you think we can go? Liam-"

"Whatever that jerk would try to do, I'll fight against it. I'm telling you that so why won't you listen to it?"