Chapter 19

Sofia

"Yes you can."

"No I can't...... What if they hate me..?"

"Then I wont be their friends anymore."

"What!? Nazaire......."

"Please...... I promise they will love you. I'm just...... trying to help you fit in more.....?"

I hesitated to reply to Nazaire. I really wanted Nazaire to introduce to me his friends but it just felt like I had some mental block on my brain. In the end it was me not wanting to disappoint Nazaire that pushed me to say yes.

"Okay>" I mumbled so quietly that I thought Nazaire would barely hear me. But the second I ushered out a single syllable he was dragging me into the centre of the group.

"W-wait not so fas-"

I was suddenly shoved into the middle of the group of people. I completely froze. There were about 6 pairs of eyes on me. Make that 12 eyes staring directly into my soul.

"Nazaire why are you dragging that poor girl here. Are you alright honey? He didn't hurt you or anything?" A girl with a straight dark brown hair and big hazel eyes asked.

"Excuse you Kenna! But I would never hurt anyone, she is my si-"

The girl suddenly tugged me into her arms inspecting me closely.

"What did you do Naz? She looks traumatised. It's okay hun, if he is bothering you jus tell me."

"Yeah I also agree with Kenna, what did you do bro?" A tall blonde boy piped up.

"I thought you had self respect Naz..." murmured another girl.

"Guys can you let me ex-" Nazaire tried to explain but continued to get cut off.

"Gosh what will your brothers think off you?" asked a different boy.

Nazaire snapped. He grabbed me out of Kenna's arms and hugged me into his body. I finally took a few deeps breaths realising how nervous I was. This was definitely not helping my stress levels.

"This is Sofia! My one and only sister."

"Stop lying Nazaire. We know you just grabbed a random 9th grader from the hallways." Snapped the blonde boy.

"Do you guys really not believe me!?"

"Nope." The whole group said in unison.

"Ughhhhh! Ask her yourselves!"

He turned me back around, so I was facing the group of friends again.

"Are you Nazaire's so called 'long lost sister'?" asked one girl.

I was still pretty shocked, so I just nodded.

"Why doesn't she speak?" asked Kenna.

"She does, Sofia is just really shy. So, if you guys could back up a little bit she would really appreciate it.

Wow. Nazaire was only sensing my distress now.

The whole group stayed quiet. As if they were deciding if Nazaire was really telling the truth.

Kenna was the first to speak up again.

"Okay I believe you! Will she be sitting with us at lunch? I want her to sit next to me. You want to sit with me uhhhhhhhhhhh Sofia right?"

"Whoa whoa whoa. Slow down Kenna. You are going to scare her. She already looks traumatised enough as it is."

"Oh right sorry. Sorry Sofia, I can tend to speak faster than my mind can comprehend. Well do you want to sit with us at lunch?"

"U-uhm if everyone e-else is okay with it... than I guess yeah....."

"Perfect! Now that you guys have met I have to take Sofia to class. Everyone say bye."

Everyone waved and smiled goodbye to me while Nazaire pulled me back the way we came.

"See that wasn't too bad. Right?" asked Nazaire.

"Are you serious? That was horrible! They must think that I am a weirdo now!"

"Why would they think that?"

"I was just standing there like an idiot....."

I stood still and buried my face into my hands. I wanted to shrivel up like a raisin and pretend that sad interaction had never happened.

Nazaire quickly engulfed me into his arms, seeing that I was quite literally slowly deteriorating.

"Hey hey hey. Don't think like that. Sofia look at me."

I hestitanly looked up into his eyes that were  staring at me worriedly.

"I promise you that was the last thing on their minds. I have known those guys for years and I can tell you that they already love you."

"R-really?"

"Of course! Did you not hear crazy Kenna inviting you for lunch?"

"Well, yeah. But I thought she was just being polite......"

"Girl. Stop doubting everything and just live your life!!! Everyone I know loves you so relax and breathe. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Perfect! Because we have just arrived at your first class!"

What the-

How did we walk through half the school in 2 minutes?!

The halls were empty since everyone was already inside their classrooms so Nazaire and I were the only the people in the hallways.

I looked up at Nazaire to see him giving me a proud and worried look at the same time.

"Do you think you'll survive the day without me?" he asked jokingly.

"I ......"

Nazaire proceeded to engulf me in his arms before I could even reply to his question.

"You are strong.

You are brave.

You are smart.

You. Can. Do. It."

Nazaire smiled before finally pushing me through the door that I really didn't want to go through. The first thing I saw was about 20 pairs of eyes staring curiously at me. Again.

______________
Sorry guys :(
This is poorly written and not edited
I have the worst writers block ever and have no motivation.
I'll try my best to keep posting