Chapter 27

Sofia

After Maya left I went to my room and changed into some more comfortable clothes. Elijah wanted to check up on my ribs so I had to hurry up and head downstairs again.

I had the rest of evening planned out mentally.

Do homework.
Eat dinner.
Practice piano.

I wanted my everything to pass peacefully. My brothers were already getting on my nerves. I swear if Nazaire comes up to me one more time to explain why I shouldn't be ignoring him I will have to take extreme measures. He will feel the true wrath of Sofia Marchetti.

I headed downstairs into the mini nurses office we have. For some reason I only found out about it like a few days ago but WhAtEvS. I knew my brothers would always have some kind of secrets.

Elijah was waiting for me and I could tell he was endorsed in some business on his phone. He didn't even realise I had entered the room until I stood right in front of him and spoke.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

He was so startled he slightly jumped. I smirked a little but quickly changed my face back to be being emotionless.

"Texting someone. Now are you ready for the check-up?"

"I guess so."

"Great! Hop up on the table and we can start. Is there still any pain in your ribs?"

"Well sometimes if I move around too much it gets a bit sore for a few hours."

"Have you been taking the painkillers I gave you?"

"Yep."

"Okay well the good news is that you no longer need the brace but you still can't get involved in too many physical activities."

"Great." I mumbled. To be honest it was a win win for me as I' m lazy. The only activities I've ever done are cycling and walking. I don't have any time for extra curricular activities including sports anyway.

Elijah started putting away the instruments and cleaning up. Just as I was about to leave he stopped me.

"Listen Sofia. Please, just talk to Nazaire. You can't ignore him for the rest of your life. At least talk to your other brothers ....?"

I considered his offer for a few seconds before answering.

"I'll only talk to people who actually want me in their lives."

"What do you mean by that?"

"It means I'm not going to waste my time talking to people who clearly don't want me here."

Before he could even reply I left the room. I have been doing that a lot lately honestly. One day Lorenzo is going to tell me off about it. 'Respect your elders blah blah blah'.

I quickly went upstairs and completed my homework. I didn't have much as I had finished most of it in school. Work smarter not harder.

By the time I was bored of scrolling through a few tik tok videos (not in the mental daily plan) it was time for dinner. Elijah, Nazaire, Matteo and Phoenix were already seated when I entered the dining room. It looked like we were going to be eating some kind of savoury pie for dinner.