Chapter 34

Sofia

Sunday was just a peaceful day in our house. I had to finish my weekend homework, practice the song for the school performance and then just relax.

I almost forgot all about Leo's gifts. I had to search around my room for a little but I did eventually find a red gift wrapped box under my bed.

I unwrapped it to find a pile of sweets as the top layer. When I removed them there was another cardboard layer that I had to remove. Then there was a little anklet in a box that had the most beautiful charms ever. I'm pretty sure it was made from real gold! Finally the last layer was a picture of all the cousins and our moms. That was the first picture I had seen of my mom. The only thing I remembered from her were her eyes. I don't know why but that was all I could see when I imagined her.

I looked at the picture again and realised that I was being held by Xander! That made me rethink about keeping the picture. There were many ways I could fix this horrible mistake. I chose the easiest option. I found a sticker book in one of my drawers and looked for a poop emoji sticker. When I found it I stuck it on Xander's face. Perfect!

Now I wouldn't have to be reminded of that rat ever again. Unless I see him in person obviously. But this would do for now. I didn't want any of his negative energy and vibes seeping into my room.

Before I went to sleep Nazaire and I quickly played some Roblox and made some popcorn in the kitchen. We almost burned it though so we decided to just let Elijah take over. It was better than us committing arson. We sat on the high stools and just waited for Elijah to finish.

"Sofia what do you think about going cycling next weekend?" Offered Nazaire

"Oh Uhm I don't think so...."

"Why not? It will be great fun. There is this really cool track in the forest that leads to a lake and then we can even go swimming in it!"

"I think it would be great for you Sofia! Get some fresh air and explore the area a bit more." Interjected Elijah.

"Come let's go I'll even-"

"I said I don't want to."

"Come on pretty please!!! Why don't you want to go?"

"BECAUSE I CAN'T OKAY?"

"Can't what?" Asked Elijah slightly confused by my sudden outburst.

"I can't cycle or swim." I muttered.

Silence. Elijah had a sad expression on his face and Nazaire just looked shocked and happy?

"Why didn't you ever say so!? I would've taught you sooner! This is going to be so exciting! We will have so much fun. You can ride my older bike. It's in perfect condition and probably the perfect size for you! And we can get the pool heated for tomorrow. It will be nicer to swim in warm water!"

And that was just a perfect example of how Nazaire could make any conversation into a happy exiting one.

Talking about these kind of these made me sad because after Maria had died I had no one to teach me basic life skills. It wasn't like Dante was willing to guide me in life. More like the opposite. He was so focused on my downfall and making sure I didn't succeed in life. I never told him when I won some school award or achievement because I knew he would throw some kind of fit stop me from receiving anything. Being away from him made me realise how many more things can achieve now that I have the chance.