Chapter 29

Sofia

The next few days passed by smoothly. Nazaire and I were back on good terms so I was kind of relieved. It was Friday which meant our cousins would be coming tomorrow. I was kind of nervous, but I was also pretty excited at the same time. My ribs were almost completely healed. Nazaire and I would secretly sneak out and go on the trampoline every night. Naz said that if Lorenzo caught us we would be done for. He told me used to do it with Emiliano and the twins all the time, but they stopped a few years ago.

I felt bad for Nazaire sometimes. He was the youngest (until I came along) and he got a lot of attention from the others but that stopped when they grew up. I guess they felt too cool to hangout with him or something. But it didn't matter now that Nazaire and I had each other now.

***

That morning our brothers were busy, so Alessandro drove us to school.

We were about to head into the car when I noticed Phoenix getting into the backseat. He sat down and closed the door. I quickly turned to     Nazaire and begged him.

"Please please please sit in the middle this time." I gave him the best puppy doll eyes I could master.

He raised an eyebrow at me and crossed his arms in a suspicious manner.

"Why? What's in it for me?"

"I'll give you 1,000 Robux?" I offered.

"Fine, but why?" Lol he was dumb, he literally had so much money and he could buy himself the Robux. I was surprised he even accepted.

I side eyed to Phoenix trying to show I didn't want to sit next to him but obviously Nazaire was too slow and didn't understand.

I leaned into him and whispered in his ear.

"I don't want to sit next to Phoenix."

"What? I didn't hear you...?" Gosh, he needed to clean his ears.

I repeated myself a little bit louder. As soon as he heard me he proceeded to literally shout it out. (Not on purpose)

"OOOHHHHH you don't want to sit next to-"

I quickly used my hand to cover his mouth before any more words could come out of his dumb mouth. Did he not understand anything about not exposing your siblings?

"Oh my gosh! Stop being so loud. Do you think I want him to hear us? Will you please keep it down?"

Nazaire slowly nodded.

I removed my hand and he smiled at me apologetically. Honestly how did his brothers put up with him?

At that moment Alessandro left the house and was now making his way to the car.

"Okay you too? If you're hop in." He said when he noticed we were still not in the car.

Nazaire opened the door and sat inside before me. I quickly glanced at Phoenix while getting in. When I looked at him, he was staring at me, his mouth set in a hard line and his eyebrows were knit together. He quickly looked away and pretended to admire the garden through the car window. Did he hear what I said? He kind of looked hurt...? To be honest I was making life easier for him. He didn't want to be near me so what was his problem?

***

After about 10 minutes of driving, we were at the school. As soon as I opened the car door to get out, I noticed a small group of girls literally sprinting towards the car.

The fuck?

I quickly grabbed my backpack and exited the car before they had a chance to trample over me. They ran straight past me and two of them launched themselves into the twins' arms.