Chapter 20

Sofia

The whole room was just staring at me expectantly. I didn't know what to do. I turned around to look at Nazaire for some help or anything, but that backstabbing traitor had left me alone. I waited for a few more seconds until the teacher at the front of the room thankfully spoke up.

"Oh right, I forgot to mention to my students that this is Sofia and she will be joining your base class. I hope you will be kind to her. Apologies Sofia. My name is Ms. Clark and I am your base class supervisor and English teacher. Please introduce yourself to the rest of your class."

Shit. I wasn't prepared. What was I meant to say. I quickly thought of the most basic stuff ever.

"H-hello, my name is S-sofia and I am 14 years old. I just m-moved here a few m-months ago."

"Brilliant. Now is anyone willing to help Sofia on her first day. I need at least on volunteer from this class."

A girl sitting in the back of the class instantly raised her hand before Ms. Clark even finished speaking.

"Oh Kenna! Perfect. Sofia that is Kenna, she will help you adjust to the school and take care of you. If any problems arise, please inform me. You may go sit beside her."

What the actual fuck. She was literally in the other hallway a few minutes ago. How did she suddenly appear in the classroom? Oh well. I mean I'm not complaining,  she seemed very nice when she was talking to me before. It might juts take me a little while to get used to her.

I walked through the aisles of tables and chairs, I could feel each person staring me up and down as I walked past them. There was an equal mix of girls and boys in the class. I could already tell that my new class was pretty diverse.

I took my seat next to Kenna who was already beaming and me before I could even take a breath.

"Hey I'm Kenna. We just met remember? I hope I can help you feel settled in and then we can become besties. Eek! I'm so excited! We will-"

Kenna was interrupted before she could continue blabbering on.

"Gosh Kenna. Do you ever like shut up. I already have a headache and we are not even finished first period." Said a boy with black hair. He looked mysterious as most of his face was covered by his hair. He had a weird vibe that was hard to distinguish.

"How rude! It's not my fault that you have no one to talk to! You loser!" snapped back and turned to me again,

"Sorry about him. That's Arlo and he is the biggest loser in the school. If you would like to enjoy your time at this school I would suggest avoiding him at all costs."

I could see Arlo smirking and rolling his eyes at Kenna's comment. If I knew any better I would guess that there was some beef between those two.

"So..... were you given your schedule yet?" Asked Kenna, changing the topic.

"U-Uhm yeah, here it is." I passed her the piece of paper and waited as she assessed it.

"OMG!!! This is perfect! We have so many classes together. I can introduce you to my other friends to if you want?"

"Oh Uhm I'm not too sure I'm r-ready for that yet."

"Oh that's fine. I get it. Meeting new people is tough sometimes so we can take it slow. One day at a time. Anyway let me inform you on all the people you should avoid...."

Kenna filled me up on all the basic things I needed to know about the school. I would be lying if I said I wasn't intimidated by Kenna. She was loud, bubbly and confident whereas I was quiet, shy and insecure. I mean I did like her very much but I could tell my social battery was slowly starting to drain bit by bit. My small talk skills had been degraded to simple yes and no answers. I didn't want to come of as rude, but I was trying my hardest.