LIES.LIES.LIES.

So now that I told Jace that I had a breakfast date, I have to figure out somewhere to go at this time of morning. Well, currently we are living in this gorgeous community, so I guess it couldn't hurt to check out what's around here. Maybe even get to know some of our neighbors, after all I'd be living next to them for the summer.

After getting ready for the day ahead of me, I decided that it would be best to go take a walk around the community. Get out of the neighborhood in case Jace, Kyler, or Hayley were around. I didn't want any of them to see me, by myself that is.

As I was walking around, I saw a little shop on the corner of a complex. The name, "Jezebel's Boutiques" offered a great place for me to kill some time while waiting for my "breakfast date" to end. Yes, I realize that I had a few shots, but I also knew how to handle them well and I drank quite a bit of water on the walk over here. I could probably even pass a straight line test or better yet, having to say the alphabet backwards. Plus, what better than to sober up by passing the time.

I entered into Jezebel's Boutiques to come face to face with my ideal closet. The entire store was made up of summer clothes. Yes, with it being summer, that would make sense but I have been described to have a unique sense of style. As I love dresses and skirts, I also love the "Coachella fashion." Now I say this with air quotes (well in my mind I think this with air quotes) because I define Coachella fashion as more...Bohemian. Yes a bohemian style. As I do favor dresses more than anything, most likely, I also do have my fair share of high waisted shorts that I love. With it being summer, what better time to pair together a crop top with a pair of high waisted shorts? There isn't a better time.

Now as I walk through the store, it took all my strength to not pick up every article of clothing I walked past. Instead as I walked past I took into mind that I could treat myself on a weekly basis to something cute and sweet from a store. This is probably the picturesque store for that. However today, since I'm not completely sober I will simply look at jewelry and accessories. It couldn't be that expensive after all.

About an hour and a half later, I exited the store with forty-seven dollars and seventeen cents less. I had purchased one phone case and three necklaces, but they are all worth while, I promise. I started heading back home, figuring that it would be about the end of a breakfast date by now. As I walked past all the little shops returning home, and entered the community half a dozen cars must have passed me. At least half of those cars being students returning from an overnight stay somewhere else, the other half probably returning from breakfast.

As I walked into my house, I found Hayley and Kyler cuddled up on the couch, making cute faces at each other as Jace just sat in a chair watching TV. I slammed the door shut to bring them all out of their daze.

"Good morning again, Alexis!" greeted Kyler. "Where did you head off to after we spoke this morning?" His grin was from ear to ear, I wasn't sure whether it was because of Hayley or that he knew something that he shouldn't.

"Oh you know, same old same old, just had a date this morning," I answered with a smile.

"You took the vodka for a date? A date in the morning?" he asked confused.

"We had vodka?" Hayley asked.

"Yeah Alexis? You took the vodka for a date?" Jace asked with his signature grin.

"No I didn't, I just got from sh..such a wonderful date," I ignored Jace's sarcastic question. I had almost said shopping but was smart enough not to be that stupid.

"What's with the bags if you were on a date?" Hayley asked.

"She brings up a good question," Jace added his unwanted opinion.

"We went for a walk afterwards," I covered with a lie. I suddenly felt like one of the liars from Pretty Little Liars. "Now if you don't mind, I'm just going to set these down upstairs and probably jump into the shower."

As I headed upstairs I heard the whispers of my roommates below. Now they weren't actually whispering however by the time I got upstairs that's what it sounded like. I headed straight for my room but I heard footsteps behind me. Probably Jace... Or well it could actually be Hayley wanting details about my so called 'date'. Honestly, we haven't been as close since moving out here and I was sure to make note of that to change that in the near future.

I set the bags on my dresser not long before Jace entered my room, shutting the door behind him.

"Can I help you with something?" I asked. It sounded rude though, as if I didn't want him in my room which wasn't completely true.

"You showed up to your date drunk? I don't remember a car picking you up or pulling into the driveway to drop you off," he informed me with a smirk.

"Hmm... Interesting maybe you were too oblivious with your whore earlier," I honestly didn't find it interesting just wanted him out of my 'love' life.

"Sounds like you're jealous." Him and that smirk. Those two were truly inseparable.

"Sounds like you're reading too much into this." I truly am lame at comebacks.

"Don't worry, babe, you'll always be my number one." At the sound of that I cringed. 'His number one'?

"You know?" I walked closer to him and I spoke. "I could be your number one in a number of ways, one of which I'm sure your whore couldn't live up to." With the final word, I stood in front of him, my chest against his. I could feel the heat radiating off his body.

"Well there's only one way to find out then, huh?" He leaned down and kissed me, however I pulled away.

"Who said now?" I asked with a smirk. "I have other plans, such as catching up with my best friend about that date of mine. I will see you down there."

I left him in my room with that smirk of his on his face. He knew I wouldn't be that easy however that look says something different this time. Something like, 'you are going to fall for me'.

As I walked downstairs, I found Kyler and Hayley sitting on the couch right where I left them. He was tickling her and she seemed so happy. I haven't seen her this happy since Jack.

I cleared my throat to let them know that they were't alone.

They both sat back up straight and fixed their hair, apparently they had been doing a little bit more than kissing when Jace had left them. "Oh, hey Lex, didn't hear you come down," she explained with a smile.

"Yeah, if you want I could come back later," I offered expecting her to say 'no, let's talk'.

"Really? That would be great! You'll have to catch me up on everything then," she accepted. Really? Okay... I hadn't expected her to say that, and then she went back to speaking with Kyler and quickly it led to a make out session. Once my feelings of surprise had passed, and they passed quickly, I walked back upstairs, but I didn't get far before the doorbell had rang. I continued walking upstairs assuming someone would get that but it rang again.

"Can someone get that?" I heard Kyler ask from downstairs.

"Coming!" I responded with the slightest bit of irritation in my voice. They were downstairs why couldn't one of them get it. However the doorbell rang again before I got all the way down the stairs. This person was impatient.

"Never mind what Kyler said, I'll get it!" Hayley yelled at me as she got up from the couch and walked to the door. I had already turned back around when I heard her get up from the couch not really caring about the door anymore. The person at the door was just plain out rude for ringing the doorbell repeatedly and this early. As she opened the door she said with the slightest bit of confusion, "Noah?"