24

Jace and I didn't speak for the remaining few weeks of the program. It wasn't as if we needed to. The whole point of this was to meet new people and he had met plenty of the people. The revolving door of girls was plenty for me. It felt as though every morning it was a new girl.

When Hayley found out that Noah and I were back together, she was overjoyed. She kept talking about all the double dates we could go on when we got back to school.

Noah and I had seen a lot of each other over the last few weeks. We hadn't spoken about what was going to happen when we go back to school. I know he wanted to though. Tonight was the last night of the program. Tomorrow afternoon everyone was to be packed up and ready to be picked up. Tonight everyone was going to be partying together. In our place, we would be hosting. Kyler had gotten a hook up for alcohol and he was prepared to go out with a bang.

Before partying tonight, Noah wanted to talk about where we stood when we go back. If we were going to stay together or not. The conversation about being official hadn't come up since the night Jace asked me if we were together. Honestly, I hadn't really thought about it much either. I mean I know Hayley really wants us to be together so that her and Kyler could have someone to double with but I am sure she would be just as happy if I were with Jace too. Why wouldn't she be? Jace and Kyler were best friends.

I started to get ready for the party, early in the evening because I had to head over to Noah's to have the talk. The talk about us being girlfriend and boyfriend officially. As confused as I had been this summer, I know Noah is the right choice. Sure I've made some really bad decisions while dating him like sleeping with his brother but since meeting Jace it made me realize that maybe I should try harder at being a better girlfriend. As I finished putting the last coat of mascara on my eyelashes there was a knock on my door.

Did we get our signals crossed? Was Noah coming here? But to my surprise, Jace was standing at my door.

"Hey," he said. His hair was tossed like he just got out of bed but in a sexy way. The way that it only ever looks in movies.

"Hi," I said. I could feel the tension between us and no it was not sexual tension but instead awkward tension. Was I making the right choice being with Noah? I know, I know I was just thinking how I had made the right choice but now I am second guessing myself. Every time I see Jace, I second guess my decisions.

"Umm..." he began. "So I know we haven't spoken for a couple weeks and tonight we're throwing this huge party. I just wanted to make sure we're good. We're good, right?" He shifted on his feet, looking at me longingly. Looking hopeful.

"Totally, why wouldn't we be?" I asked. I forced a smile. I mean just cause I'm dating Noah and I blew you off? Yeah, no. We are totally cool. Plus you only have an open door for any female in a five mile radius. Yeah, yeah we're great.

"Cool," he said looking around. "Oh and Ali, you look beautiful." He walked out the door before I could even blush. And I knew I was red, it looked as if I had overloaded my face with blush. For as much drama and chaos there is between us, he is still such a charmer.

I headed to Noah's place after that short talk with Jace. I wondered what would happen if Jace and I were a thing. What would have happened if Noah and I were together, together.

As I knocked on the door, I prepared myself. From this point on, I was going to be the perfect girlfriend. No cheating, no thinking about other boys. No Jace. After what felt like 20 minutes but probably was only one minute, I knocked again. No answer. Noah wouldn't have forgotten about this. I was too important to him. We were too important to just forget about.

"Noah?" I yelled, hoping that maybe he could hear me. I rang the doorbell and waited.

Still no answer. What could be so important, that he would forget about our talk? I tried the door, it was unlocked. Is it technically breaking in if the door was unlocked? Am I crazy for walking in?