Another Experience

Yesterday not much had happened after that kiss due to Hayley walking out of Kyler's room wanting lunch. Her hair had been a bit disheveled however I don't think much had happened aside from making out. I think she is still behaving herself with him, I just don't want to see her hurt again.

"So you and Noah are having lunch? Have you even spoken with him since the breakup?" Hayley asked me while sitting across from me at the kitchen table waiting for lunch to arrive. I had filled her in making up details of my so-called "breakfast date" and then informed her of the events that followed but I did leave out the part about him telling me that he loved me, seeing how it's insignificant now.

"Yeah I spoke with him yesterday and partially the night before," I answered with a smirk. I knew that's not what she was asking me. She truly wanted to know if I had spoken to him in the time between arriving here and our breakup which then the answer is no. She still wasn't fully clued in on the breakup story, thankfully. However, I don't want her to know of those details nor that side of me.

"Alexis Williams, you know that is not what I meant," she scolded me.

"I know," I responded with a grin, "I have not. Have you even spoken to him?"

"Well, we hung out a bit after but I think our friendship fell through when you guys broke up," she explained. Great, that was also my fault. I told him it was a bad idea to date. "Wait, you got back from a date just to be asked out on another one? How do you do that?"

"It's not a date," I retorted. " He has a girlfriend anyways, which is great. I'm glad he does and I'm glad he's happy."

"What's her name?" Hayley asked me.

"His girlfriend?" I asked in response, just to answer, "Abigail, which is a really pretty name." I had to add in the 'really pretty name' portion so she would no I'm not against his new girlfriend so she shouldn't be either.

"So it's not a date?" Hayley reassured.

"It's definitely not a date, just two friends hanging out."

"Why wasn't I invited then?"

"I guess just because you weren't downstairs, I'm sure he won't mind you joining us for lunch if you really want to come."

"No it's okay, I don't want to third wheel on this."

"Hayley.. It's not a date."

"So you're still available to date Jace!" Hayley exclaimed just as Jace and Kyler walked through the front door carrying lunch. As they entered the kitchen, a tall, long haired brunette followed in behind Jace carrying a coffee.

"We're you two talking about me?" Jace asked with that signature smirk of his. I don't think I've ever seen him without it. "I can't have you both falling for the Jace charm, Kyler is a jealous one, Hayley."

She giggled at that before giving Kyler a kiss as he set lunch down on the kitchen table. "He has absolutely nothing to be worried about," Hayley remarked with a pink tint to her cheeks. Was she really blushing at that? "Anyways, I was just saying-" I cut her off not giving her a chance to explain what we were talking about.

"Hi, I'm Alexis," I introduced myself with a wave to the tall brunette standing awkwardly in our kitchen.

"Jennifer," she responded. "It's nice to meet you."

"The pretty ones are always named Jennifer," Hayley muttered. I glared at Hayley giving her a what-is-wrong-with-you face. "Hayley. My name is Hayley. I'm-"

"She's my girlfriend," Kyler finished for her giving her the biggest smile of his life to Hayley. Girlfriend? Wow, they were already using titles. Hayley was the reddest I have ever seen her. I am guessing by the color of her face, they hadn't really spoken about what they were to each other.

"So then would that make you Jace's sister?" Jennifer asked me before taking a sip of her iced coffee.

How on earth would that make me his sister, if my best friend is dating his best friend? He sure knows how to pick the smart ones. "No, actually I'm his roommate," I added with as much sass as one could without giving off the vibe there was something between us going on, because nothing was going on. Right?

"I told you I didn't have a girlfriend," Jace flirted towards Jennifer. "So how about that date?"

"Well you never know these days, I mean look at you. How can you not have a girlfriend?" She flirted back, causing me to scoff. Although that scoff lead to me fake coughing.

"Sorry," I apologized trying to think up another excuse. I was just racking up all the lies I possibly could today. "I just chocked. On air. That I was breathing. I can't really help it, I'm not the best when it comes to using my mouth." Finishing that sentence, I thought about what had just come out of my mouth. Everyone in the room gave me that did-you-really-just-say-that face, and I really did. I honestly was bad when it came to words and lies and pretty much everything. "I'm just going to go upstairs to my room and leave you guys too it." I grabbed a bagel from one of the bags the boys had brought in and walked up stairs shaming myself as much as I could.

Did I really just say in front of everyone, that I wasn't the best when it came to my mouth? Truly, I couldn't have come up with something better to say? I'm not a bad kisser, well no guys have ever complained about my kissing skills. I am also not into doing other things with my mouth to pleasure boys, so I wouldn't say I'm bad at it, just not interested.

As I reached my room, the chatter from downstairs got louder and laughter spread to the upstairs. Well Jace is definitely experiencing the diversity in this summer program. This is the second girl already, apart from me if I even count. What have I experienced? A best friend and her new love interest, an ex-boyfriend that I haven't spoken to in ages, and an annoying, cocky roommate who sleeps with everything and with whom I have made out with a couple times with very few pieces of clothing on, but then again who's counting?

******

So that's it you guys! I hope you enjoy and please remember:

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

SHARE

Love you guys! I'd love to hear your thoughts on everything

Tell me what you guys think should happen next!

I promise the next part is quite a bit longer! (I think it's the chapter I'm most proud of due to length! hehe)

Yours truly,

Becca xx