Miss Steal Your Boy

"So you're telling me after that talk, you still ignored me and went after him?" Hayley asked me with a disapproving look. I simply nodded. "Karma's a bitch." She said it with no remorse.
I knew I probably shouldn't have mentioned the scene of Jace with Jennifer (even their names have that alliteration which make them perfect for one another) but after last time, I thought what could be the worse thing that happens.
I shook my head, clearing my thoughts and spoke aloud, "I've never been one to have an issue getting a guy. I always get what I want." That sounded conceded but it was true. I wanted Noah I got him. I wanted others, I got them. I had Jace, up until now. I even wanted Noah's older brother and I got him even when he knew I was dating Noah. Wow, I really am a bitch.
Why am I pitying myself recently, I am Alexis Williams. I get what I want. Screw the fact Noah has a girlfriend, if I want him, I'll get him. So Jace seems like he's moving on, well I'll get him back too.
"Lex... Alexis?" She must have been saying my name for awhile. I was lost in my thoughts.
"Hmm?" I looked up at her.
"What are you thinking?" She asked me. I detected slight irritation in her voice.
"I am Alexis Williams. I do not stand for karma being a bitch to me. I will get what I want." With that I stood up and walked with determination to Jace's room.
I could hear Jennifer moaning quite loudly as if to make a point. I knew she was doing it on purpose, I had been with him and even I could keep it quieter than that. I pounded on the door, not caring if they were in the middle of it. When no answer came, I knocked even louder.
"Ky," I heard Jace from the other side of the door completely out of breath say. "Kind of busy at the moment. Can it wait?"
"No it can't, J," I said with not a quiver nor a doubt in my voice. I made sure to say it without sounding weak or broken.
Jennifer's moaning stopped and instead I heard an umph come from her and someone's feet hit the floor. I assumed Jace got off the bed or whatever, not that he threw her on the ground. He's not that rude, right?
The door lock came undone and there stood a bare chested Jace in the doorway. He did put some basketball shorts on though. I could see Jennifer holding a sheet up to her chest as she whined Jace's name, but he didn't acknowledge her.
"Alexis, what a surprise," he said with his signature smirk.
"You still want that chance?" I asked trying to be as seductive as I could.
He glanced back at Jennifer then brought it back to me.
"Are you going to keep playing these games?" He asked me, I could see the hurt in his eyes. "Because I'm not up for these games. I really like you." That's when Jennifer must have had enough. She let out a growl before making sure the sheets were wrapped around her well. Jace turned to look at her while I stood just staring at her. She collected her clothes before heading to his bathroom.
"I don't think she liked that too much," I said with the devil's grin on my face.
He placed his hands on my waist and pulled me in to him so there was no space between us. He leaned in just enough so that I could feel his hot breath on my lips. I wanted him to lean in all the way, to just finally kiss me but he didn't. Instead he spoke, "quit playing these games and go out with me Alexis."
That's when I had enough and I kissed him. As I expected he didn't protest, he kissed me back pulling me into his bedroom. The door to his bathroom slammed shut bringing us both to the attention of the girl standing there.
"You're an ass, Jace Reyna," Jennifer said teary eyed. Take that miss 'you must be his sister'. Bitch, I'm miss steal your boy (did I really just think that?). Karma is a bitch, just not to me. She stormed out of his room , slamming that door shut as well.
"So is that a yes?" he asked turning his attention back to me.
"That is a yes," I responded with a genuine smile then with a peck on his lips. "Now that that's over with, I'm hungry." I turned on my heel towards the door but he grabbed my hand.
"Let's go out and get food, give me 10 to shower?" He asked.
"Okay, I can wait." I shot him another smile before walking out the door.
Well that was an intense minute or so. I really just took a guy from a girl he was in the middle of having sex with. Who am I? It still wasn't the worse thing I have done in my life. I walked back into my room looking for Hayley, but when she wasn't there I checked her room. Without thinking I walked in without knocking. Right into her and Kyler having what looked like an intense conversation. I mean I literally walked into them. They were standing right behind the door.
"We need to talk," they both in unison. They were taking to me. They gave each other a weird look and then back to me.
"I'm about to go out, can it wait?" I asked, looking into the hallway. I only came in here to tell Hales I was going on an actual date with Jace. Even though, at this point she wouldn't approve.
"No, it can't and yes we overhead everything," Hayley directed at me as she grabbed my wrist pulling me away from the door. She closed the door behind us and locked it.
"Okay..." I trailed off. "What's going on?" I have both of them a confused look. I sat on the bed while they both stood side by side across from me.
"Why don't you explain," Kyler suggested at Hayley.
She gave him that look that says absolutely not. "You do it," she insisted. "You're the one that figured it out after all."
"You're her best friend though, it's best coming from you," he argued.
"Really, its best coming from someone," I jumped in. I searched the room for the alarm clock but it wasn't in here.
Kyler sighed before beginning, "so you haven't known Jace for very long so I'm not sure if he's mentioned anything from his past." I shook my head. What does this have to do with anything. Why would Hayley have to tell me something concerning Jace. "Well then I'm sure he hasn't mentioned my sister." I shook my head again. I hadn't even known Kyler had a sister. "Well, okay... I have a sister and as you know we go to valley high. We haven't always though. It's a relatively new school. Before that we went to another high school. All of us, Jace, myself, and my sister."
"What does this have to do with me?" I asked before he could continue his story.
"When we first got here, Noah invited everyone to a party," Hayley jumped in. "You didn't go that night, but the guys did."
"I didn't recognize him at first," Kyler continued. "Then it hit me, I had seen him before. Actually a lot, but he looks a lot different."
"Noah?" I asked. I didn't know where the story was going but it didn't matter. Kyler knows Noah? So does Jace know him to? Did Jace do something with Kyler's sister?
"Yes Noah, keep up, Lex!" Hayley yelled. She quickly gave me an apologetic look.
"Maybe it was what he was wearing," Kyler continued on with his story. "Or the lighting, I don't know. We used to go to his school. Actually my sister used to be friends with him when she began going there. My sister is a year older, so she just graduated." I didn't know Kyler's sister was friends with Noah. Actually I didn't know he had ever met the boys. "Anyways, she has a new boyfriend now. I haven't met him yet because she hasn't brought him home but I recognize him. I think she's dating Noah."
"She is!" Hayley jumped in. "I already told you, Ky. Your sister's name is Abigail. Noah's girlfriend is named Abigail. But not only that, Alexis, but Jace used to date Kyler's sister. She broke his heart and now he's an ass." I stared at them expressionless. Jace had his heartbroken by Kyler's sister who is now Noah's girlfriend who saw me kissing her boyfriend.
"Not only that, she cheated on him! We have to help save Noah," Hayley insisted.
I blinked a couple times before getting off the bed. I was speechless towards the whole conversation. I couldn't fathom all that I had learned in the past few minutes. "I have a date to attend," I spoke softly to them both. "Jace will be getting out of the shower soon. Don't tell him you told me any of this. I will talk to Noah later. Does he know who Noah's girlfriend is?"
"Are you kidding?" Kyler scoffed. "The boy doesn't even know his name. Maybe they had a class or two together but have never been friends that I know of. And that night at the party, he clearly stayed away from him. He just kept giving him death glares that night, as if he were ready to fight him. I am not going to be the one telling him my sister is dating your ex. I want to live to see another day."
I nodded my head before walking out. It was perfect timing. Jace had finished in his shower and already gotten dressed. He closed his door as I was leaving Hayley's room.
"Hey," he smiled. "Are you ready?"
I looked up from the floor to him. I put on a fake smile and said, "as I will ever be."