23

Well, we were making up for lost time. His roommates had knocked on his door a few times through out the day. Once, to ask if he wanted to join them at a movie. Another time, to see if he wanted to just hang out. The last time, to request that we keep it down. I guess we had been a little loud in his room, but I couldn't help it. Noah was amazing. I can't believe we hadn't done this before. That we hadn't been this close.
We talked for hours, only leaving his room to get food. In between conversations we were busy with other stuff. We could hardly keep our hand off one another.
I had fought with myself about going home later that night, but ultimately I decided to go home. I couldn't avoid Jace forever. We had a couple more weeks left before heading back home to our respective schools. At that point, I would never have to see him again but until then we were technically living together.
When I got home, it was late. Possibly two in the morning. A girl's voice echoed through the quiet house. She was giggling. It was definitely not Hayley, maybe Abigail or another one of Jace's conquest.
As I walked up the stairs, I could see flashing lights on the walls. Approaching Jace's room, I saw the computer on his bed. He was watching a movie, well at one point. Currently, he was sleeping peacefully in his bed.
I went into his room to turn it off. I know by doing this, I wasn't avoiding him but it was loud and I was going to be going to sleep.
I shut the computer and as I did, I was startled by Jace's voice. "I waited for you all day but you never came home."
"I thought you were asleep," I said. Had he been awake I wouldn't have come into his room.
He sat up and gave me a look. A look that could only mean that wasn't the right response.
" I was with Noah," I told him.
"Are you two together now?" He asked.
"We hadn't really talked about it, but yeah. I think so."
He had the same look Noah had when he asked me to stay after his fight with Abigail. It was as if he wanted to say something to me but he didn't. He nodded his head, as if that was it. The end of the conversation, before telling me good night.