chapter 3

❑ midori hayashi

midori hayashi

'all citizens to come out their homes this instant. the king's orders have arrived.' why are they here? they always announce these in the village. not here in these sacred silent lands. 

i had no power, i stepped outside the house, what bad would they do us folks here? we were apart of the back character society. 

let that stay that way.

'the heir, nishimura riki himself,' the man dressed in black armed with guns had swallowed as he pronounced the prince's name itself.

the prince was cold, shut-out but unexpectedly, didn't support a thing that might affect the bad to our people. so, he was still very loved yet very feared of. 

'shall turn twenty-one soon, a proper age of the famous coronation day; regarding this, we all are well aware that royalties, unlike us, shall find a other royal fiancée/fiancé before 4-5 years before their coronation. but, our humble prince has requested something, something almost very unreal for everyone' 

this made my eyes sparkle slightly, a image of the prince flashed through my mind, you could say i found him attractive; but i don't know if he's quite possibly my so-called "type". 

'but of course, turning seventeen first, the king and queen have agreed to his condition. and his one-in-a-hundred request, has been granted' 

my palms were starting to sweat under the men's gazes, a few other women my age were present in a 10 meter radius, all circled around the men and the black helicopter. 

'the prince. . . has said all the women his age 15 to 17 shall participate in being, the next queen.' 

excuse me? 

gasps were escaped, mothers looked at their children horrified, some amused because they know there's something a reward-ish thing behind it. i was alone, confused and terrified. i had sisters, humans, perfectly well normal girls growing with me. 

i can't leave if their serious legitimately. 

'you have got to be kidding. what do you mean the next queen' i said with sarcasm toning my voice, 'this isn't some game to line up and see who can survive!' 

i heard a few small agreements coming from behind me, but i heard their mothers shutting their children's mouth up. 'it's the king's orders. ma'am, do you have any other siblings inside that will be good enough for your replacement. since you clearly seem raging about this' 

damn, the men of royals do have anger and sarcasm. 

'don't touch my sisters! they're all younger than me!' i ran to the door, protecting it. but i felt my sisters peeking out the window of our house. 

'hey girls, are you all below 16?' the guard asked, not giving a damn about my short figure trying to get him away. 'y‒yes, what are you going to do to my sister?' i heard suki-tan's voice. 

'what's your name huh?' the guard asked, he motioned other guards to come near him. i was confused, i heard suki-tan and rika-chan's voice indistinctively. 

something about foster care, safety and. . . the chosen one

everything became black soon. 

triple update!! <313-07-22

triple update!! <3
13-07-22