chapter 15

✦ midori hayashi 

i loved you dangerously. 

that phrase, i don't know how it sounded so addicting. this dress was beautiful. the knights, guards to be precise were opening the door as he spoke to another acquaintance beside him. she seemed female and the guard male 

he said it with so much passion, it just stood out to me. 

'midori san, pick up your dress above your ankles. you'll slip down the stairs' sumi-san led her hand out to me as i pulled my heel strap up and lifted my gown a bit up. 

such a marvellous dress, it was. 

it was a bit simple, not the official gown for an actual ball, but something the richies would wear on a daily basis

it was a bit simple, not the official gown for an actual ball, but something the richies would wear on a daily basis. something i wouldn't be able to afford if i'm being honest. 'midori?' i heard my name being called by a familiar voice from beside me. 

i turned to face, sumi-san, 'yes sumi-san?' i asked, letting my dress down as i stared the empty hall today. there were male butlers this time, i thought they would only assist the royal family. i wondered why they were here, in a bunch of women competing- almost to be a prince's - they barely know bride. 

'today, we would be learning dance.' i looked at eyes widened, dancing? i suck at dancing, preferably i would rather be making tea than even dancing though i despise tea making just as much. but i definitely am not created for dance. 

'why?' i asked, totally clueless of what freaking dancing had to do with being a queen. the royal barely show up, what's dancing got to do with their royal bods?

'wonderful evening everyone. i hope all the ladies are well and fit. today, we will be learning dance. of course, dance is an essential talent in each of the royal family members. you wouldn't know but each royal would attend a ball held by other acquaintentances and obviously would need to learn how to dance along with their dance cards. so, today you will each have a butler assisting your dance as i instruct you. in the end, the queen shall be visiting you ladies. 

and pick out the few women she sees potential in.' the woman concluded. it earned a lot of gasps, widened eyes and shock. 

including myself actually, the queen? she really would be sparing her time for a bunch of us, just to pick out the women she likes? what about riki-san's choice? wait riki san?! when did i get so comfortable to call the freaking heir of kyoto, san? 

'ah midori-san, you're really always in your thoughts aren't you?' sumi-san tapped my shoulder as i snapped my head back, laughing it off as i asked her what to do next. she told they'll be assisting the butlers to us now, and play a classic piece to practice. 

a piece of music started, it wasn't to much of my liking if i had been honest, but i suppose we gotta do what we gotta do.  

'right foot forward, skid right, turn, repeat' 

we practiced loads of steps, it was two hours worth. i personally did practice a lot, but i looked a bit ahead most being honest, i catched on too quick and learnt it fast, precisely. it's good to be narcisstic sometimes loves. 

i was tired too, i didn't notice how the queen was going to pay us a visit. i just wanted to go over to my room and sleep ya know.