chapter 21

NISHIMURA RIKI 

The tension rose, I don't know why I was so concerned. I just really, really hoped Midori would stay. I don't want to marry anyone else, she is the one. I'm clean and clear about it, I'm totally, literally, full fancying this florist girl who's surviving in this world without her parents and her only family is taken away from her. 

She can be the queen. She is the material, from scratch. She has to be the one for my wife

My mother teased me, she was joking, but I was taking it to my head. She teased telling me she knew I was liking a girl from one of them, and truthfully I couldn't care less since she wouldn't force me to tell her, but what she did was scary. 

She wasn't telling me who the eliminates are ToT

My dad was busy, handling the town's problems, he wouldn't come along with us to the hall, only me and my mother would be going. And that meant no matter how hard I would try, my mother would smack me right there on my head if I bothered her one more time about the girls. 

"Riki ya, how long will you keep drowning yourself in thoughts?" I heard my mother ask, I pouted at her, she's asking while being the reason. 

"I'm not dead in my thoughts at most mother" I said, a frown still on my face as she patted my head, smiling at me while I smiled back like an idiot. I loved my mom too much to be complaining. 

"I need to go check on your father, how about you wander off, I'm sure you'll find a specimen to indulge yourself in" I narrow eyed her, she tried to look all innocent while shrugging, I obviously saw my chance though, I could finally meet Midori after like, 23 hours! "Sure, I'll just slip out now, farewell queen" I sarcastically bowed to my own mother and ran out the room, hearing her laugh after so long as I heard her footsteps moving inside. 

I went to our usual spot, she was always there. I could find her there any decent time, whether morning or right before the sun sets. I ran around, the idea finally clicked. The tulip garden. 

"Midori-chan?" I called out, a bright smile on my face as I saw her sitting down, eyes like honey as she sat under the bright orange sun.

"Riki-kun hello! How are you?" She directly asked, she offered me a seat a bit away from her, however I kind of wanted to sit closer so obviously, I did. 

She giggled as we talked more, she asked how I was doing when she's the one on a thin line right now, in nearly thirty solid minutes they would be eliminated from the castle. More over, I tried distracting her thoughts, I kind of felt she was thinking about all the drama going on, so I told her to tell me more about herself. 

"Chocolate fishcakes warm are the best!" She stated, a big smile on her face pointing her finger at the sky. "I know right! That's what I tell everyone but no one agrees" 

Her jaw dropped, a most probably horrid expression her face saying you've got to be kidding me, but I wasn't. "Well, those people might just be... well, nothing ordinary." Midori pouted, patting my shoulder as if we were supporting eachother through a protest. 

I laughed, I liked this girl's humour. Just everything about her in fact. 

"What are you doing out here though?" I asked, her gaze falling upon me, finally

"Just thinking, I think I'll miss this the most if I most probably am the one falling out" Midori smiled, the brightest smile somehow still there while literally easily accepting defeat. 

"What? No. You won't be, I like you Midori... I've told you that a lot, I know, but I have no intention of getting married to someone else. From the heart" 

Her cheeks definitely turned a slight red, just the faintest natural blush. I was more than glad the sun was not on me, my face was already burning up. She just looked ethereal with those pink cheeks, hazel green eyes, and her faint freckles highlighting in the sunlight. 

"I.. appreciate the words Riki, but just be rational, you see, Mei over here-" I put my hand over her mouth, rolling my eyes at her while my lips instinctively formed a thin line. This girl never gets the sign does she?

"But-" 

"No, shut up." 

"Sorry" She giggled, scratching her nape. I shook my head in disappointment sarcastically, smiling with her. 

She can and will win. She already won.