chapter 26

Third person 

"Midori-san!" Aunt Sumi's voice boomed through the large dressing room, gaining everyone's attention for a short spam before everyone turned to their possible-princesses into getting them ready. 

Of course they'd be stressed, they might just be or not be the future queen.

Today is March 13th, the elimination round takes place as of today evening. A little introduction; it certainly isn't actually eliminating the said person's life, it's from the game. 

"How do I look?" The brown haired Midori came out wearing a satin pink dress, brown gold locks highlighted her very dress, her distinguished hazel eyes popping with that natural eyeliner, that soft edged nose was highlighted and her lips tinted red. 

"My my" As if everyone's eyes were on her, Midori shied from Sumi's adoration, thinking it was quite the exaggeration for someone like her. She only meant to maintain humble. "You look ravishing, dear" Midori smiles as Sumi's san smile reached her eyes. 

"Let's do your hair now that everything else is set." Midori was dragged away seated on a chair, infront the led lit mirror. She was never ceased to be amazed by the elite, luxurious things they owned which weren't to be maintain even as an middle-income family of the kingdom. 

Sumi partitioned Midori's brown locks, combing and pinning a few strands behind, picking up a pretty butterfly shaped coated with gold, hair clip, piercing it through the selected hair. "It's beautiful Sumi-san" Sumi smiled through the mirror without talking however, and focused solely on getting her junior ready. 

Soon an hour passed by, and the tension consequently increased in the room of 7 girls. It was time to step outside and head to the main court hall of the palace. Where the royals, families of the girls will be seated, waiting. 

Midori was equally happy and sad to see her two sisters who felt like it's been years without them, she didn't want to leave Riki now. She had already been attached, but she couldn't deceive herself, there was equal competition. 

"The doors to the royal palace's hall will be opening." The several guards outside all gathered strength to push the heavy, tall brown carved doors, revealing a lit room filled of coloured people's clothes, everyone looked beautiful and half the girls already met in eyes with their precious family. 

However Midori searched the big amphitheatre, not finding her sisters easily, only to be far amazed to see Riki. Not alone, but with her little sister, giggling and talking merrily, having not a care that Midori was there. And there was someone the same height beside them? 

"Midori!" Sumi whispered not long before she stopped the former in her tracks, spinning her around as she felt her touching the glimmered bow at the back. After a few seconds, "Perfect.. good luck Midori" Midori smiled, striding away with confidence as the dress at her feet swept the air. 

She was upset since clearly her sisters enjoyed more with Riki than seeing their eldest sister. However, she wasn't unnoticed. "MIDORI!" It was Rika, her fourteen year old sister. Her voice which Midori once found annoying brought tears at the ends of the eyes. 

They were back. The Hayashi sisters. Daughters of renowned mechanist Jungho Hayashi, Midori, Rika, and Suki. 

It gathered everyone's attention, the unfamiliar yet attractive face of a girl beside Riki, who clung on to his suit's end. She immediately smiled upon spotting Midori, whispering into Riki's red ears who seemed taken aback; it made Midori frown, upset, but nonetheless smiled again upon seeing her sisters' smiles. 

Shouting back wouldn't be a pleasant idea right now, Midori thought, proceeding in her steps before she fell back the other girls who stood in a formed line horizontally before the majesty. 

"King and Queen" all the girls gracefully bowed, pulling up their dresses little. However Midori curtsied, bowing further unintentionally out of respect. 

"Whenever you're ready, we'll begin ladies" The king spoke. And everyone must oblige. 

Let the games come to an end. 

- - -