chapter 17

(Okay so, I decided to write further stories in with proper caps since I find it difficult writing in lowercase, thanks and don't mind! ><)

Midori Hayashi

Until the queen left, the prince's eyes were on me. It may sound selfish, but I noticed how his gaze was actually actively on me. 

I could say it made me quiver, out of nervousness. Later on, Sumi-san led me to the hall. Apparently we would be having dinner here today because the queen ordered.

Whatever they say goes, no question marks here is what I've learnt in the past two weeks.

'Hi, I believe we've met before' I heard a soft voice speaking to me, the burgundy haired woman, I recognised as the one I almost stepped on. She approached me with all smiles as she bowed her head. 

'Hi, I'm Midori, Midori Hayashi' I introduced myself first hand as I bowed back of formality too. She smiled back and said 'Nice to meet you, I'm Yumiko Takeshi'

We engaged in a nice conversation, and I think I finally had made a new friend. She was very interesting. I told her about my life, and she shared almost as much as me. She told me how she already had the love of her life and no interest in Prince Riki.

'I'll see you soon perhaps, Midori?' We were on first name terms now, not that close but I finally felt like I could see my younger sister, Yuri, in her. After all, she's younger than me and her name is almost the one like my sisters 

I hope Akira's taking care of herself and Yuri; wherever they are. 

'Of course, see you tomorrow Yur ah-miko-chan' I stuttered, laughing t off as she waved back and headed outside, her maiden standing behind her. I smiled at Sumi-san too, following her lead instead and talking with her as we head back after a long day. 

I failed to notice two black eyes looking at me contently 

♡♡♡

2 weeks later, at the Castle, 2 days before the queen, is announced

'Midori, Do you want to go visit the town once?' Sumi-san offered to take me out after dinner, since the day for coronation is near. 

It is incredibly near and 7 ladies have already been eliminated. Good for them, I'm surprised I'm still stuck here with 3 other girls. 

Yumiko had finally gone back to her home, she's been sending me letters too. I could've asked her about my sisters, but I didn't want to disturb her once she told she's getting engaged to her lover. 

Lucky. 

I really couldn't care less, this queen bullshit is all time wasting at this point. Trust me, I loved and respected everyone and everything here. I learnt a lot of things in mere two weeks, and seeing the prince up so close and exchanging thoughts every night had become a routine for me. 

A fascinating things I've learnt is the prince's, nor the king's and queen's lives are so simple that the town people have described about. It's much different, Prince Riki only needs and deserves a break. I hope he finds an active lovely wife, like Kiyoko in fact. She's wonderfully nice and head over heels for Prince Riki. 

I got up, getting dressed in less formal gowns and, Sumi-san told me about the big garden, and it's wide variety of flowers and trees, I was obviously excited to finally be around fresh flowers and trees, after running a floral shop for years I'd grown used to seeing the beauty of flora and fauna. 

I put on my boots, and I followed Sumi-san as she led me to the garden, out the huge and bombarding castle, it was finally a place with no doors, formalities, just a humungous garden none of the royals visited much due to their overloading work

Sumi-san told me specially hired florists and a few helpers were hired to keep the garden alive and well, it was said that the Queen cared deeply for the garden as the beginning of her children, her first daughter, who was married to King Kaito spent her entire baby childhood in this very grass and Prince Riki spent all his studying time in these very flowers and benches. 

It was truly a memory filled warm place if you paid deep attention. 

I was walking and gazing around all the trees and flowers as Sumi-san followed me through out the way, but she left me alone another maiden came to her, telling her it's something important. I offered tagging along since I didn't want to get lost, but the other maiden who came to get Sumi-san was utterly suspicious and a bit rude. 

She insisted only Sumi-san could come, and said a direct no to whatever I could suggest. Even Sumi-san didn't speak up, instead she was almost smiling, like a boon as she left me alone. 

I don't despise staying in this beauty but hey-

'Midori' I immediately turned around, bowing my head down in 90 degrees as I obviously recognised the voice in a split second. It was none other than the prince's undeniably deep voice. 

'O-oh prince Riki' 

♡♡♡