chapter 22

♡ MIDORI HAYASHI 

Well, look at me now. Literally still on my feet and, no one is able to say this so casually, it is definitely the oddest, but literally on my good feet and having a 50% chance to get married to one of the most important kingdoms, heir in the east. 

"Midori, what're you doing out here so late?" Sumi-san approached me outside in the balcony, with an worried look in her eye as she placed her hand on my back. 

I pursed my lips, exhaling from my nose. "Just scared for tomorrow, Akira is an exceptionally perfectionist and I'm worried to create a bad image on the queen and kind, Sumi-san. Especially when it's only the two of us." 

Sumi san frowned at me, "Absolutely not. I've trained you, and the thing I could without doubt is you do things with utter determination, and their majesties will definitely notice you with an keen eye. Don't lose hope, Midori. I know this is hard, but just think of the outcome of marrying into a wealthy, healthy family who are respected by everyone. Your sisters can lead the best life ever, dear." 

I nodded, understanding what she meant, and my pulse intensified when an tall, gleeful figure appeared in the ahead balcony, waving at me at utmost height with an undeniably boxy smile. 

Prince Riki, again. My heart thumped and I quickly agreed to Sumi san, saying I just need a bit of time and will stay here and hurried her inside. 

"Hiii" Riki smiled, his eyes softening once he saw me. I smiled back, from the bottom of my heart. This man is the cutest thing ever. 

"Hey Riki, how are you?" I asked out of routine, genuinely curious if something's up with him. 

"Ugh, tiring. Why can't I just already marry you honestly?" 

I blinked my eyes, my jaw dropping and stuttering. "WhAt?" Riki laughed, shaking his head with his boxy smile. 

"I'm just kidding, don't worry. I don't plan on marrying you this soon. It'd probably procrastinate till were 21? Something like that." Riki stated, leaning on the bars of the balcony while his long black, seemingly soaked, hair poked his eyes, the towel around his neck forgotten. 

"H-how are you so hell bent on marrying me Riki...? There's so many girls out there undoubtedly a bit more skilled than I am." 

"Sounds boring, I'd rather a woman like you. Too long to explain," Riki winked at me, I'd have grown used to it by now, but I've always had this fear running through me. I don't think I'm suitable, especially for such a sweet and kind kid. 

He was too good. 

"Oh don't overthink again Midori! It's okayy, I've told you that a million times. You are the only girl, in my eyes." He smiled gently, sincerity in his eyes as he nodded his head as if he wanted me to answer. 

"You're unbelievable." I chuckled, this boy was seriously out of my hands. He's always so cheeky or soft, it melts you on the inside. A determined passionate kid you'd ever meet. 

"Aren't you tired, Riki?" I asked, standing against the rods as mere two feet kept us apart from standing aside eachother, the red blossoms on his head glittering against the moonlight. 

"Not so much after seeing you," Riki said, before displaying a smirk, his eyes shallow with cheeky ness. I giggled, shaking my head. 

"You should sleep, being the heir to the whole of Kyoto isn't so easy." I said out of concern but the stubborn boy only tugged on his towel over his head while shaking his head as a no. 

"But I didn't even get to talk to you for two days. Two days!" He argued back, pretending to pout. I pushed my chin back and stared at him with an serious face. 

"Please." Pulling my special, exclusive puppy eyes out with an frown.

Ugh, I'm smart. 

Riki visibly gulped with an smile saying unbelievable, "Can I expect to talk to you tomorrow?" 

"Of course, I'll stay here or in the garden, wherever you'd like, your majesty" 

Riki smiled, shaking his head at my sarcastic courtesy. He didn't take it rudely, we had gotten an comfortable as family, we joke about almost everything, shared problems, hell, I think I even cried infront of him once. 

"Meet me, say 4PM?" 

I tilted my head in confusion, "Where?" 

"Wait for me in the hall, we'll be going somewhere else." Riki nodded at himself, waving as he ran off inside, not waiting for my answer. 

Alright then? 

- - - - -