Chapter 10

The night before, I convinced Marcia to let her kids stay up later and, long story short, we stayed up until eleven o'clock playing board games and drinking hot chocolate. Perhaps it was an hour too far from what might be considered late, but for Kyle and Travis it was not.

I thought they weren't going to wake up that early, but I knew I was wrong when I heard footsteps approaching the woman who was the big spoon in the position we had slept in.

"Dang! They sleep like bears!" The older boy exclaimed, and I had to bite my lip to hold back my laughter, "let's go, they might wake up in an hour or maybe a month."

With my eyes closed, I rearranged myself, facing Marcia and as I hugged her and I kissed her lips. Even though she was sound asleep, I felt how almost by inertia her grip around me got stronger. Each time my love for her grew, it was as if somehow the magical night caused these feelings to increase.

I had rested enough, and I didn't plan to sleep anymore, but it was so hard for me to separate from her in this position, so I stayed a little longer. My heart was heavy, not knowing where I ended and she began because our souls seemed to unify and fit together in a perfect synchrony, a synchrony that I would never quite understand and so it was so hard for me to separate from her, even for a second. Everything inside us agonized for the moment when we would meet again.

After about ten minutes, I carefully climbed out of bed and made my way towards the living room, where the faint sound of the television in the living room was coming from. There were the kids on the couch watching She-Ra intently.

"Good morning, one of the bears has woken up," I greeted both boys as soon as I approached the room.

They both let out a giggle and replied, "Good morning."

"Do you want to cook breakfast together?" I asked them, and pursed my lips as I noticed they were so focused on the cartoon that they didn't even turn to look at me.

Since working for the brown-haired woman, I've tasked myself with getting more recipe books so that it wouldn't be monotonous but would stick to healthy without being boring either. It was quite a challenge, I must admit, however, I have kept myself busy and entertained by experimenting in the kitchen.

I was just about to finish when I felt a pair of arms around my waist. I was so focused that I got startled, but I relaxed as I processed and realized that it was my beautiful love who had already woken up.

"I want to kiss you good morning," she whispered, swaying to the music I had placed. Not loud enough to interrupt the cartoon the kids were watching, which they haven't left since I arrived downstairs.

"Do it, they're too focused on the TV to notice," I prompted her, keeping in mind that her children were the most important thing to her and it was too soon to tell them whatever was going on between us.

Honestly, I was also very afraid of what they would think, there was no way I wanted them to know unless I was sure they would approve of me, because their mother is just as important to her as they are to her.

"Oh, you're missing my point, I don't want a tasteless peck in the lips, I want us to kiss until we wear our lips off," she clarified, and it made me shudder at such sincerity and boldness in her words.

I turned off the stove and led her to the guest bathroom, which was a few steps away, then locked it and pulled on the back of her neck, she immediately attacked my lips. And she did fulfill her commitment, as I lost track of how long we stayed that way, but I did notice how her breathing gradually quickened and her cheeks became warmer as I touched them from time to time.

I took a minute to appreciate the atmosphere. I could get used to more mornings of making breakfast, either for her or with her as I find myself listening to music, after a whole night of sleeping next to her. Everything I ever imagined was in the present time, on this plane of consciousness.