Ponyboy Imagine

This is for pineappleswiftt

Emma's POV

"But babe-" Ponyboy started

"No, you spend more time with Cherry than with me and I'm sick of it." I say in a low voice.

"You don't-" He started again.

"I'm tired of your excuses, Pony." I say, not quite believing what I am saying.

"What are you saying?" Pony asked, cautiously.

"We need a break." I say, looking in his hurt hazel brown eyes.

He looks shocked than hurt but nods anyway.

I walk outside and practically run to my house. No sooner than I am in the door, heavy sobs rack through my body and cause me to shudder with their force.

I manage to convince myself that I am fine enough to make it up to my room and just lay on the bed and sob.

Two weeks later.

I feel like death. I haven't spoken to Pony in two weeks and I have barely ate or slept. I know my friends know something is wrong, but don't say anything.

I finally get so sick of it and walk over to Pony's house and hesitantly knock on the door. Darry answers. 

"Hey Emma, I'm glad you're here." He said, motioning for me to come on in.

"Why?" I ask, looking up at him.

" It's Pony, he hasn't really been eating and his school work is slacking and he doesn't even read anymore, just stays up in his room that's always locked."

I am suddenly worried sick about him and I half way run up to his room and knock hesitantly.

"G-go away S-soda, told you I do-don't wanna talk about it." He says from inside the door, his voice sounds raspy and weak.

"It isn't Soda."  I say, my own voice hoarse from crying.

"Emma?" He says, I can hear his disbelief.

"Yeah, now let me in?" I ask

The door unlocked and I walked in, his room was, as usual, tidy and neat. But he looked terrible, dark circles under his eyes and he looked like he had at least dropped five pounds. I probably looked no better.

"H-hey." He sniffled.

"Hey." I whisper.

"I need to tell you something." He says, sitting on the edge of his bed.

"What is it?" I say, fearing the worst.

"I wasn't hanging out with Cherry, I was tutoring her in math. She was also helping me make something." He says, looking down at the ground.  

"What was she helping you make?" I ask, looking at him.

He pulled out a silver necklace with my initials on it.

"Oh, Pony." I half way sobbed.

"What? What's the matter." He asked, looking up at me.

"I just love you so much." I whisper, walking up to him and hugging him tightly.

He hugs me back just as tight.  He slips the necklace on me and smiles. I smile back, my first real smile in two weeks.

"I love you so much, Emma." He whispered, hugging me again.

"I love you too, Pony, so so much." I whisper back.

"Lets just talk to each other next time. " He said, gently kissing me.

I giggle. "Agreed." I say kissing him back.

"You wanna watch Mickey?" He asks, grinning.

"Sounds good." I say, crawling on his bed and pulling him down beside me.

We cuddle and watch Mickey mouse the rest of the day.