2

what?! i thought she'd decline the offer!! you think. 

you panic and try to grab the phone from tsuki, but she's already running away. you try to run after her but you end up crashing into a group of people. 

you can hear her tell loid the address of the party loudly ahead. 

"sorry, sorry, sorry!" you yell, getting up and running again. the group of people sit there on the floor, dumbfounded. 

tsuki's skirt flies with her in the wind along with her hair put up in pig tails. 

"thanks, loid! see you tonight!" she screams from ahead. she suddenly stops and you knock into her. your phone falls from tsuki's hand and slides far out onto the floor. 

please don't step on my phone, please don't step on my phone... you think. 

you struggle to get up and run ahead to grab your phone. tsuki sits on the floor, grinning like a jerk. 

you approach her and help her up. "that was not cool." you tell her. 

she scoffs. "ah, you'll thank me later."

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ
nighttime, 8:05pm, work party (tw//blood)

sitting there on the bench by the party, you wait for loid to come. 

your hair keeps getting messed up by the wind and it's very cold. you shiver. 

he's not coming, face it. you think to yourself. 

you get up with determination and walk to the party by yourself. one of your coworkers, eve, greets you. 

"y/n! you're five minutes late. you're never late." she pouts. you force a fake laugh and fake smile. "yup." you say through gritted teeth. 

she hands you a mini cupcake with a fake, but nice looking smile. "and your plus one? tsuki told us you were coming with someone. she also mentioned that he looked nice."

"he's not here ye-" 

"don't plus ones usually come with you?" eve rudely interrupts. 

i'm getting fed up with this woman. how can someone be so ignorant?! you think. 

"haha. is tsuki here?" you ask eve. "yeah, she's by the cakes." 

you quickly sprint over to the cakes and greet tsuki. "i brought my brother." she tells you, showing you her brother.

her brother is a very tall guy with really good looking hair.

"i'm y/n l/n. tsuki's best friend." you shake his hand. "ty. tsuki's brother." 

ty smiles at you. you give him an effortless fake smile and glance over to the door. there's a man splattered with blood on his clothes with an apparent smile. 

you rush over to him with worry. "sir, are you okay?!" you tap his shoulder frantically. 

he turns around. "ah, y/n. didn't think you were here already. i was just asking for you." 

loid. 

"wh-why are you covered in blood?" 

"did i not tell you i was a psychiatrist? sometimes my patients get a little...rough." he gives you a side smile. 

"oh...are you alright?" 

"never better." 

eve interrupts you both and looks at loid with puppy eyes. "and you are...?" she asks, trying to look as cute as possible.

"loid forger, psychiatrist. i'm y/n's husband."

eve jumps back. so do you. 

my...husband?!  you think. eve covers her mouth in absolute shock. "y/n-ie, you never told me you were MARRIED!"--she glances over at your left hand--"...oh your ring? where is it?" 

"at home. i take it off when i shower. must've forgot it." you explain with a nervous laugh. loid puts his arm around you. "shall we go and eat, darling?" 

"uh-huh..." loid takes your hand and you both approach the complimentary cakes and fruits. 

then, you grip his arm and pull him into a corner where nobody can see you both. "hey, i never told you to be my HUSBAND! just my plus one!" you scold him. 

"i guess we're married now. move in with me." he answers. 

that was so sudden. you think. 

"well i have no choice as of right now. eve is probably going to tell every living being on this earth that i'm married-"  

"pack your things tonight. move in tomorrow, okay?" he asks with a reassuring smile. you slowly nod and he takes you back to the food. 

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ
two days later, daytime, loid's apartment

you hesitantly knock on loid's apartment door. 

well, this is my new life now. you think to yourself. no backing out. 

anya opens the door. you take a step in but she slams the door in your face and you stumble backward.

"loid?" 

"papa is out." anya answers from inside. you can hear laser sounds on the tv. you set your box of belongings on the floor and frown. "anyaaa, i'm the person that gave you peanuts the other day." 

anya opens the door a tiny bit. "stranger danger. papa says not to let strangers inside when he's out." 

you force open the door and anya flies out and onto the couch. "hmph!" 

you grab your box and set it inside. the first thing you notice is the smell. 

your eyes begin to water because of how strong the scent of lemon is. anya pops out from behind the couch. "papa has lemon-flavored air fresheners in the house." then, she begins to point at most of them. 

one on the shelf, another by the kitchen, another on the living room table, one on trophy shells and about 5 other ones in different rooms. 

how'd she know that the lemon scent shocked me? you think.

you nervous laugh. "haha...he must like it when things smell good, huh?" 

"i haven't really known him for that lon-" anya clears her throat. "yup. he loves lemons!"

you slowly nod, not really understanding what she meant when she said that she didn't know him for that long. "anyway, i'll be living here for god knows how long. when do you think loid is getting back?" 

"he left 45, no, 50 minutes ago. it takes 5 minutes to walk out of the complex, 20 minutes to get to the farmers market, 20 minutes to get back, 5 minutes to walk into the complex...he should be-"