4

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ
morning, 11:34am, in your room

you 'peacefully' wake up to the sound of anya screaming in the living room. 

"papa! i want peanuts!" she screams loudly. loid yells back. "no! i just told you we aren't getting peanuts, anya!" 

you rush out of bed and urgently open your room door. "what is this ruckus about?!" you yell at both of them with messy hair.

"papa won't give me peanuts!" anya points at loid with a frown on her face. loid rolls his eyes. "i don't usually have to do this but..." loid unplugs the tv cord from the outlet.

"what?! this is not fair! now i can't watch my...spy shows!" she cries. loid shrugs. "go get ready, anya. it's time to go to the interview today." 

you gulp anxiously. loid worriedly looks at you. "are you sure you'll be okay?" 

you slowly nod with a determined look on your face. "i guess." 

loid pats your back. "go on and get ready. we leave in 15 minutes." he flashes a smile. 

what a nice smile loid has, you think. and...he's so kind...i just...

you snap out of it and rush to your room.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ
noon, 11:45, eden academy

plenty of people are gathering around for their interviews. you look around to try and spot damian and your father, but there are just too many people. 

anya grips tightly to your left hand and loids right hand. "i'm nervous." 

you pat anya's pink hair. "all the other kids are too. i'm sure you'll make new friends!" you give her a bright, toothy smile and walk into the academy. 

in front of everyone, there is an array of chairs reserved for everyone. loid looks around for the chairs that say, "the forger family" on it. 

he puts his hand up once he found it and you and anya sprint over to him and sit in your reserved seats. 

loid puts his hand in yours. "i can tell you're stressed, y/n. i'm right here." he reassures. "just take a deep breath." 

you look around. and then, you spot them. damian, your mother, and your father. after 4 years. 

damian seemed bigger now, and probably snobbier. and your father...he looked EXHAUSTED. like he went to work 24/7 for 20 years. he had definitely aged more. and your mother. she looked bright and happy, as if nothing happened. like she still had 2 children. but no, not anymore. you're on your own now. 

anya tapped your shoulder. "why are you staring at those people?" she asked innocently. 

"no reason."

loid gave you a worried look but you threw him a thumbs up. "loid, stop worrying. i'm a-okay." you tell him. 

you put your head on his shoulder. "sometimes," you whisper. "i'm glad to have you as my husband. even if our marriage is fake." 

he puts his arm around you. "i am just watching out for you. husband duty." 

anya snickers. "he said doody!!"

you giggle. "i love you, loid." 

you could see the shocked look on his face, but it quickly goes to a relieved look.

"i love you more, y/n." 

--

to be continued...

i'm a bit lazy and i feel like this will get too long so um 

thanks for reading! comment if you want another book and vote if you liked it <3

made by lyndellaa

UPDATE
IM MAKING A SECOND ONE...MAYBE?

UPDATE #2
ANOTHER PART IS PUBLISHED GO READ IT NOW. LIKE NOW. unless you're dying