10

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ
1:43pm, afternoon, hospital

you awaken, finding a familiar pair of arms around you. the familiar smell of lavender brought one word to your mind. 

tsuki.

the police officer is sitting on a chair next to your hospital bed, prepared to ask you questions. but you don't want to answer because he won't believe you like last time.

"oh, y/n. it's so good to see you. i'm sorry for everything." tsuki apologizes, hugging you tighter. 

"you should be." you say sarcastically. she immediately pulls away from your with a furrowed brow. 

"i don't feel bad anymore." she crossed her arms with a frown. 

the police officer clears him throat and speaks up. "okay, y/n, we would like to do a bit more questions. we must hurry, since you must be discharged at 2:00pm." 

"wait, didn't i have to sign the paper so i could get discharged?" you sit up on the hospital bed, confused. the police officer nodded. 

"yes, you already did." he held up the discharge paper with your exact signature on it. you didn't remember signing the papers, though. 

"no, i didn't-" you say, before you got interrupted by the officer. 

"nurse!" he shouts. "y/n is suffering memory loss!" he continues shouting in the hall. 

the nurse comes in and touches your head. "but they aren't suffering any head injuries..." 

"they literally got shot in the leg! how could they be suffering memory loss!" tsuki yells at the officer. he urges her to calm down and not insert herself into this mess.

"i'm not! my name is y/n l/n, my husband is loid forger, my daughter is anya forger, and my best friend is tsuki." you cry out. 

"you may have short term memory loss..." the nurse observes your head again for any injuries.

"look, i'm not a nurse or a doctor, but i know i'm not suffering from any type of memory loss."

then, it hits you like the bullet against your leg. loid.

you stutter before you finally come up with a sentence. "loid did it!" you screamed. 

"he couldn't have, y/n." tsuki said, patting your head. "he's probably in another country by now." 

"loid...h-hes seen my signature billions of times..." you struggle to process what you're saying, but it's possible. 

the police officer stands up, like he has an idea. "nurse! please fetch the key to the office and we can review the surveillance camera." he blurts. "go!" the officer shouts, pointing for her to leave the room.

the nurse does what she is told and sprints out to get the keys. within seconds, she comes back with a bunch of keys. there's a colored one, a red key. she points to it in the officers hands and says, "that's the key to the office. you must ask to go in, though." 

the officer lets out a long sigh. 

tsuki urges them to hurry before loid sabotages anything else. they both go over to the office after she said to.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ
2:31pm, afternoon, hospital

the door to your hospital room opens very suddenly, revealing the officer. "we have bad news and good news." he says to you. 

you sit up on the hospital bed, ready for the news. 

"the bad news is, we found out that mr. loid forger had indeed forged your signature." 

"haha, that's why his name is loid FORGER." you laugh, trying to bring some humor into this.

"it's not funny, y/n. the good news is that with the use of the cameras throughout town, we were able to locate where mr. forger and your daughter anya are." 

--------

decided to end the chapter here because i am VERY late ... sorry for making yall wait!!

spring break is coming up and i won't be able to do the next chapter because i'm going on vacation, so don't expect a new chapter next week

love u