8

you and anya show up at the house that you lived in for years. the desmond family home.

it seemed like a happy place on the inside, but in reality, it was like hell.

after you left, your parents had made the excuse of you going to study abroad, then stay there.

everyone believed them of course because they were the golden family. the one that everyone wanted to be.

you firmly knock on the door, feeling the lingering pain from the impact on the door on your knuckles.

the door unlocks from the inside and damian stands upon you and anya.

"can i...talk to dad?" you say nervously.

damian shakes his head 'no' and shuts the door in your face.

anya pounds on the door. "let us in, dingbat!" she shouts. the door opens once again, but this time it's your father.

perfect.

"why are you showing up at my doorstep, child?" he frowns.

"well, we need a deal." anya puts her hands on her hips.

"yeah." you agree. "we recently found out that loid is a spy and he has a mission to collect info on you. he has planned everything, from meeting me at the store to our fake marriage."

your father hesitates, gripping the door.

"you got yourself into this. you were the one that decided to live with that strange man. look what he has done now. did you not expect that?!" your father shouts at you. anya flinches.

"he's the one collecting information on YOU! i'm trying to help YOU!" you yell back.

"oh, you're right."

anya groans. "stop the bickering! we have to get to business!"

anya isn't wrong. you did come here to make a deal to side with each other, not loid.

"well, are you going to side with us or not?" you ask your father as his grip on the door gets tighter. 

"i guess so, but how does this benefit me?" he was skeptical, but you and anya were determined to get him on board.

"we both can demand a reward from the police. we turn loid in and we go back to our old lives." you and your father went silent.

"but...i can't go back to the orphanage!" anya cried out. "please...spare papa..." 

"we can take you in, little girl." your fathers sympathy suddenly came out, but you knew he couldn't handle her if he couldn't handle you.

"no, i'll take her." you said immediately.

anya beamed at you, smiling like the little kid she is. 

she hugged you warmly, but your father gagged and went back inside.

"hey, he agreed to the deal! next step, police station!" anya shouts happily.  

------

sorry for the very extreme short chapter im running out of ideas this chapter is so bad lmfao