12

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ
in the car, midnight, 4:01am

"we've been driving for quite a while." loid says after the 2 hours of silence in the car ride. "are you thirsty?" 

you thought about the question for a bit, considering why he would ask you if you're thirsty and not hungry like most people would.

you look out the window, seeing that you guys are in the middle of nowhere. "i guess so." you reply, your lips drier than a desert.

loid opens the middle console and finds a bottle of water. he looks back at you, handing it to you as his hand is on the wheel. "drink it all. i wouldn't want you wasting water, would i?"

you take the bottle of water. the water is cloudy. you open the cap and to your surprise it comes looser than you expected. 

the only times a cap of water should be loose is when it was already opened. 

"loid?" you say while the low music is playing in car. loid turned it on after he gave you the water. 

"yes, dear?" 

"why is the water bottle cap loose?" you ask. he lowers down the music to complete silence.

you both sit there for a second. 

"it was in the middle console for a while in the heat. when things get hot, they expand. the expansion of the water bottle caused it the pressure on the cap to get higher, making it more loose. didn't think i'd have to teach you that." 

"seems like you took a second to make that up." you shoot back. 

loid immediately stops the car. "well, you drank the water. have a good sleep." he says with a smirk on his face.

everything goes dark and you feel yourself thud your head onto the window.