3

loid opens the door and drops the grocery bags to the sight of you. "y/n! i apologize for not being here when you came. did anya give you any trouble?" 

you look back at anya, who's quickly shaking her head and staring at you intensely. "uh- nope! she was great. she welcomed me nicely." 

anya snickers from behind the couch. 

"that is good to hear. i brought some ingredients so that we could cook. could you do me a favor, y/n dear?" 

you become flustered at the fact that he called you dear. "y-y-yes?" 

"since anya's mother passed away and she got accepted into eden academy, i was wondering if you'd accompany us." loid asks gently. 

"why can't you just go by yourself? i'm sure they'd be sympathetic towards a guy whos late wife died." 

"that's the thing. they do seem to be pretty strict..." he puts his hand on his chin. anya whines from the couch. "please y/n! come with us!" 

i can't let them down...i live here now and loid is paying for me! the least i could do is go with him, right? you think. 

"i'll do it." you declare loudly. 

----
flashback

"well then leave! we don't want you here!" your father screams. your heart shatters into a billion pieces. 

"but damian needs me!" you yell. your mother stands in the corner of the kitchen, covering herself and sobbing.

"you don't belong here, y/n! get out of my house." your father says, sternly. 

tears roll down your cheeks as you try to comprehend what he just said. i've gotta stay strong. you think. 

you wipe the tears and stomp out of the house. damian, your younger brother, grips your leg, frantically crying. 

"y/n-ie! please don't go! i need you!" he begs. you shake him off. they're all dead to me, you think. 

the real reason that you didn't want to go to the admission interview was because your father, donovan desmond, and your brother, damian, would be there too. 

it has been 4 years since you last talked to your father and damian. 

every month or so, you'd check the internet for information on your father and damian. luckily, it was there. eden academy. 

---

the night came quickly. loid was showering and you were lying in the guest bed reading a book about parenting that he lent to you. 

"this is so confusing..." you say out loud. anya appears from under the bed. "what is?" she asks curiously. 

you gasp at the sight of her. "anya! you can't be in here!" 

"why not?" she asks with a pouty face. you sigh. "i mean, i guess you can." 

you can hear the bathroom door open, then close. footsteps sound louder as loid enters the room. 

he looks at the floor. "anya, what are you doing in here?" 

"discovering!" she exclaims with stars in her eyes. loid shakes his head and picks her up. "are you going to sleep any time soon, y/n?" he asks you. 

"nope. i'm more of a...nocturnal person." you tell him with a smile. 

"so am i. i'll be putting anya to sleep and then we could talk for a bit." 

anya smirks. "talk," she says in loids arms.

you nod and go back to your book. 

after 20 minutes, loid comes back to your room with a t-shirt and grey sweatpants. 

he sits beside you on your bed and exhales. "anya is exhausting." 

"i bet. having a kid isn't super easy." you say, putting your book down. "tell me about it." he mutters while rolling his eyes. 

"you seemed pretty uncomfortable when i asked you to go to eden academy with me." he slides comfortably into the sheets of my bed. "what was that about?" 

"i have a little brother that is going there with my dad, but he kicked me out 4 years ago. do you know my dad? donovan desmond?" 

loid shows a slight smirk, but immediately goes back to a serious face. "the leader of the national unity party, correct?" 

"yeah, him. i just feel like he wouldn't like seeing me there..." 

he puts his hand on your shoulder. "i'll be there for you, alright? there is absolutely nothing to be worried about." 

"what if he tries to fight me?" 

loid looks to the side, then back at you. "uh, i know karate if that helps." 

you both laugh. "as long as you know." 

"could i ask you something?" loid asks out of the blue. you nod enthusiastically. 

"will you marry me?" 

what in the world? we've only known each other for less than a week and now he wants to get married?! you think. 

loid puts his hand on yours. "i'm sorry if it was very sudden." 

"very." you mumble. "i guess." you shrug. 

loid apologizes again. he pulls out a ring from his pocket and slides it onto your finger. "we're having our wedding tomorrow." 

"why are we doing this? when can i go back to my other life? you know, the normal one. i can't pretend to be anya's mother forever..." 

"screw your other life, this is your life now darling."