9

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ
2:00am, midnight, loid's apartment

as you unlock the door to his apartment, you discover loid reading a book on the couch. a lamp is on beside him, offering dim light to read the book. you and anya tip-toe inside. loid looks up from his book with a furrowed brow.

"y/n, i would like you to tell me what you were doing out so late with my daughter?" he gets up from the couch, setting the book down face first. 

"your daughter, huh?" you cross your arms. loid towers over you with a frown. 

"y/n...let's go to sleep. papa needs some...alone time..." she whines, tugging at your shirt. 

"anya, stop it. loid, care to tell me about how you're a spy? then i'll tell you why we were out so late." you back away from loid. his eyes begin to widen.

loid grabs anya and runs out the door, sprinting down the stairs quickly. you follow him, screaming, "loid! come back!" 

you run down the stairs as loid runs with anya in his arms into the night. 

the fog blocks your view of loid and he is gone in a blur. you are left there panting and sobbing. 

you sit yourself down on one of the stair steps, trying to process what had just happened. your first thought is to go to the police station.

but loid can easily outsmart the police.

you begin to run to the city ahead, hoping to see loid and anya somewhere. 

the city lights are bright, which makes it easy to see someone in the night. cars are driving as if it were the daytime. you manage to find a taxi.

you hop inside the taxi and pull out your money. just a twenty dollar bill.

"drive me around the city. thats all i ask of you." you tell the driver, putting the twenty dollar note into his hand.

he begins to drive, and you roll down the window in hopes of finding anya and loid. 

at last, you see a glimpse of pink going into a hotel building.

"STOP!" you shout at the driver, pulling the door open and dashing out of the taxi and into the hotel. 

the hotel doors automatically open and you see a man with a build like loid. 

next to him is a pink haired girl. you run up to them and pull the pink haired girl into your arms. 

"y/n!" the girl shouts. you run out of the hotel, but a gun fire stops you.

"put her down or we all die." loid demands, holding the gun in the air. 

"y/n, put me down! i don't want to die!" anya cries, trying to get out of your arms. you stand like a frozen statue. 

"loid, you wouldn't!" you shout at him. another shot fires. 

"put her down!" he screams, his face going red. "NOW!" 

you make a run for it with anya in your arms, and a shot fires. you feel a tingling sense in your leg until you realize loid shot you. 

"PAPA!" anya cries out, sobbing on your shoulder. you both fall to the ground and loid picks her up. you hear sirens in the distance. everything becomes a blur, then goes black.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ
3:04am, midnight, hospital

"y/n l/n is awake!" the nurse shouts in the hall. the blur becomes a clear picture. 

"loid...he shot me." 

"loid? loid what?" the nurse said with a police officer in the room. the officer began to write things quickly on a sheet of paper. 

"his name is...loid forger..." you say. 

the officer says "forger." into his walkie and looks back at you. "tell me more, y/n. we're listening." 

"well, me and anya-" you began to say. the officer interrupted you. 

"anya? is that your sister or your daughter? mother? tell me her last name as well."  the officer says. 

"anya forger. she's his adopted daughter, but i kind of count as her 'mother." you explained. "as i was saying, we were at my fathers house to tell him some information. we got home at two in the morning. loid approached me and asked where we were. he basically accused me of kidnapping anya. i told him to tell us why he didn't bother to tell us he was a spy-" 

the nurse lets out an audible gasp. the officer looks at you with a confused look on his face. 

"a spy, huh? nurse, can you check to see if the side effects to the medicine have gone?" the officer says. "y/n seems to be a little out-of-it." 

"officer, i tell all truth. anya told me she could read minds and she saw that loid was a spy." you explain desperately. 

"thanks for the information, y/n l/n. we will talk to you tomorrow once the side effects are gone." he says to you, gathering his things. 

"i swear, i'm not lyin-" before you could finish, he exits the room. 

you couldn't bear to know that loid was out there in hiding with anya.