Chapter 8: A Mysterious Thing

Document 2

I wasn't there alone. Thank God!

otherwise, I would not have been able to do it. I would have turned around right on the driveway and left...the family gave us such a warm welcome. It felt as if I had been to their small living room a million times. the visit did not provide us with any new insights. Iris assured us that she told the police everything. That doesn't stop her from retelling the whole story once again.

I know the story well, every detail. she knows it too, no matter how long it's been. I doubt she will ever forget it. when it was time to go, Iris hugged me. It broke my heart. she has the same eyes. Eyes much as emeralds.

"Emeralds.....Who are they? who is the person that accompanied Hannah to Iris's house? which story? whose is the family she is referring to? So many questions were popping up in my mind...Ahhh...I need some coffee, it's so frustrating..."

Y/n was drinking her coffee when the hacker texted her it was about the diary she found in Hannah's cloud. He told her that they should make a note on the diary not as a group but individually, so she was making the notes, the same questions that she have on her mind...

This was the note

This was the note. The hacker compared their notes it was the same she even joked that he copied.

"We are getting close... so close, I never thought in my life I would be this attracted to a stranger a complete stranger. I don't know his name, I don't what he looks like, I don't know what he sounds like, I don't know who is or what his intentions are... but the feeling he gives me is... it's a new feeling for me... for my heart".

The group chat is active again this time they are talking about a forest church. The people from the church are organizing a forest search to find Hannah. The time and date have been set for Sunday at 2 pm the people of duskwood will be in the parking lot of the junkyard. Miranda is the one who runs the church, and Miranda is Cleo's mother.

Y/N and her team were discussing Hannah's case. They went outside and asked people about Hannah and the police too. They visited Hannah's family too her parents were devasted. Her mother was crying and was begging them to save Hannah. 

After some time Cleo texted y/n saying that she is home now. she told her that Thomas was hiding something, and Thomas was shocked when he saw Cleo in Hannah's apartment. Thomas said that he came to find some clues in Hannah's apartment Cleo asked how he got inside the apartment he said that he had the key, then Cleo told y/n that a couple of weeks before her disappearance Hannah told Cleo that Thomas has returned the key to her apartment during an argument. And she also told her that Thomas removed "something" from Hannah's apartment and he put that thing in his pocket.

"What is that thing that Thomas was so desperate to remove from her apartment? I have to find out what that thing is..."