chapter 3 - Patronus

Every shred of the peacefulness I felt before is gone, and everything I've dreaded my entire life's back. the pain of my uncle's beating, the burns my aunt gave me every time I didn't cook something well enough, but worst of all, worse than any physical pain I've ever felt is the feeling of my magic being blocked. The feeling of a part of me being gone. the undescribable feeling of complete and utter hopelessness.

I opened my eyes to see that I'm once again in a place I never wanted to return to, number 4 privet drive.
the place I grew up in, the place I was first introduced to pain.

I looked at the clock to see that it's exactly midnight which remarks the beginning of my fourteenth birthday, 'happy birthday to me.' I thought bitterly, before I got out of the bed with great difficulty, I remember this birthday. the night before the sauce wasn't hot enough during dinner so my Uncle beat me while my aunt put boiling water on my hands to show me how hot it should've been.

I got up and looked in the mirror, it always strikes me when I see in old photos just how malnutritioned I was. now when I can actually see it again, see my ribs and my bones feel the hunger and yet wanting to eat nothing, I realized once again just how evil he was. at least Voldemort wasn't trying to hide what he was doing, he wasn't hiding behind the mask of a loving grandparent who will protect you, at least with him you knew you were in danger. but with Dumbledore you didn't realize you were in danger until it was too late for you and the people you love.

"I will protect them this time. I swear on Hecate's name." I declare feeling a flare in my magic letting me know that my vow has been heard by the goddess.

"Now to get out of here..." I thought out loud. even if I had my wand ,which I don't, I wouldn't be able to use it, I now know that there's more than just the ministry trackers on it, it also has Dumbledore's trackers as well. So that's out of the question.

"You have my wand mistress." I heard deaths voice, scaring the shit out of me.

"Death," I whispered yelled "where the hell are you?" I asked, looking around the room not seeing him.

"I'm not physically here Miss Potter, but as my mistress you can always call on me as I can always call on you." He said.

"Good to know." I replied, still trying to get my heart beat under control.

"So where is the wand?" I asked, feeling stupid talking to seemingly nothing.

"All of the hollows are rightfully yours, you can always call on them. simply think of one of them and they will appear in your hand." Death said.

"What about the hollows in this time?" I asked.

"They will lose my power, the wand will become a normal wand the stone merely a pretty gem and as you know you still possess the cloak." He explained.

"Ok, thanks Death." I said, waiting a minute but getting no response "he just left, rude." I muttered.

I put my hand out clearing my mind and thinking solely on the wand, I couldn't be happier my mind palace came with my soul from the future, making clearing my mind as easy as breathing.

I closed my eyes and shortly after I felt a small weight on my hand, opening my eyes I saw the elder wand in my hand. I held it to feel it's weight casting a silent lumos feeling my magic fighting against the blocks before a light came out the end of the wand.

I can leave all my school stuff here and just buy everything new, the invisibility cloak will go where I go, The hollows are no longer in this world they're in deaths world waiting for me to call out for them.
but if they report me missing and my old wand is here whoever will investigate will definitely think I was kidnapped, That wouldn't play in my favor. but maybe if they think I ran away....

Maybe I can make the tracker work in my favor, if I could get my old wand and send the Patronus to Amelia Bones about being in danger about having to run away she will hopefully launch an investigation. she was one of the first people in the ministry Dumbledore got rid of, fair people weren't his kind of people.

I casted an accio on my old wand and my sack of money hoping they won't cause too much noise coming to me, I heard the small thud of them breaking through the door under the stairs and then waited nervously before it created the same hole in the door of my room coming straight to my hand.

I was prepared to cast the spell, I already opened the window ready to wingardium leviosa myself out of there. Casting my Patronus choosing the deer I spoke into it, "Miss bones, I've heard a lot about you, I've heard you are fair, I've heard you will give help to those who need it.... I need help, my name is Harriet Potter you must of heard of me but all the stories you have heard are false. I need your help, last night my aunt and uncle beat me and I was afraid I wouldn't survive, without my magic I probably wouldn't have. they've done this since I can remember. I don't know how I'm still alive but I need your help, I can no longer stay here. I intend to run away tonight. I've seeked help at Hogwarts with Dumbledore but received none. he saw my scars, heard of my pain and chose to ignore me and send me back here. please help me." I finished saying before sending my Patronus to her. Hoping she will launch an investigation and it will be the first step to taking Dumbledore down.

'My First change.' I thought... let's hope it has the desired impact.

I jumped out of my window casting a wingardium Leviosa halfway through the fall, levitating myself safely to the ground until I landed, pocketing my money and throwing my old wand into the bushes making it impossible for them to follow me, I know it's not a perfect plan, but I have to get out of here before morning. I started walking towards the end of the street before trying my hardest to access my blocked metamorphosis abilities.

I walked a few more blocks and while walking I managed to turn my hair blonde and conceal my scar. I've walked a while longer before calling out for the night bus to make sure they wouldn't be able to track it to me.

I didn't wait for long before the night bus appeared stopping right in front of me.

"where to?" Ernie asked.

"the Leaky cauldron, London, please." I answered.

"well get in then." he said

"What's your name?" he asked once I set down.

"Lily." I said, technically not lying considering it's my second name.

"Ernie." he said.

"Ernie, do you by any chance have a cloak I could buy?" I asked him, looking down at myself still wearing Dudley's old clothes.

"Here you go," he said pulling a magazine out of seemingly nowhere "I have everything in this magazine, take your pick." He said handing it to me.

"Thanks." I said taking it and looking through it.

I chose a black cloak with a hood and a small sandwich asking him for both items.

once he gave me the items I paid for them and for the drive, before wrapping myself in the surprisingly soft cloak, pocketing the sandwich, and staring out the window waiting to reach the Leaky cauldron.