chapter 21 - the calm after the storm

George didn't say anything as he hugged me and let me cry into his arms. people around us were staring and whispering but I couldn't bring myself to stop sobbing, couldn't bring myself to pull away at this very moment George was my only source of comfort in a confusing and cruel world.

George pulled me with him to a seat near the fireplace and sat down before pulling me into his lap and letting me cry to my heart's content, I don't know how long my head laid on his chest, I do not know at what point Fred joined us, stroking my hair and providing comfort but I was thankful for it nonetheless.

When I finally lifted my head from George's chest we were the only three people in the common room "you all better now princess?" George asked gently.

"Yeah, you gave us quite the fright babydoll." Fred said still stroking my hair.

"I made a mistake." I whisper my head still laying on George's shoulder.

"whatever it is I'm sure we can fix it," George told me gently before turning to Fred and mischiefly asking, "can't we Freddie?"

"While of course, we can do anything for our princess." Fred said looking at me with admiration and determination.

"I talked to my papa." I said sadly, feeling the tears once again filling my eyes and my chest squeezing at the mention of what happened earlier tonight.

"If he was mean to you, we have plenty of ways to... guide him in the right direction." Fred said huntly.

"It's not his fault, he doesn't know, I shouldn't have... I lost control I was tired and confused and exhausted and I lost control I talked too much I was so desperate to have him back to have our family back that I made a mistake if he'll go to Dumbledore everything I planned will be ruined and I'll never have him back what if I could never have him back or my other dads what if I could never see them again as my fathers what if he took them away from me forever..." I rented anxiously before it became too hard to breath.

My chest was burning and I could feel and hear my heart beating in my head like my body was on fire, breathing became harder, everything felt hard like I'll never breathe again like my heart will always hurt I couldn't fandom the idea of not feeling the pressure on my chest and head like there is no hope for me.
Until I heard a second set of heart beating near my ear, I felt my heart slowly match the soft comforting sound of the slow calm heart and I let my body rest and closed my eyes, surrendering to the calm and comfort that was the slow rhythmic second heart beat.

I felt a soft hand on my shoulder slowly moving me away from the comfort of the heart beat and picking me up, I hugged the man's neck and layed my head on his shoulder smelling a smell that was so distinctly Fred. With Fred's smell and arms warped around me protectively, knowing I was safe I berried my head in his neck placing a soft kiss on his neck before letting sleep claim me once again.

I woke up the next morning feeling groggy still laying... on top of Fred? I looked around confused before I looked to my right and under me and there was Fred laying peacefully unaware and so I followed the hand on my back to my left and saw George just like Fred both were holding me, sleeping peacefully. I looked around to see they combined their beds to make one larger bed, probably to make room for all three of us.

I looked up at Fred and couldn't help the swelling wave of affection that moved through me. as I looked at his peaceful face I berried my head in his neck and hugged him closer thanking Hecata that I have them back.

"Are you taking advantage of me babydoll?... because I would have absolutely no objections if you lay another little kiss right where you are." I suddenly heard Fred say with a deep scratchy voice that did things to my tummy.

I felt my Gryffindor courage serge through me as I turned my head and layed a long kiss on his neck before moving up his throat placing little soft kisses as I went before placing a final kiss on his jaw line and looking in to his dark whisky eyes.

"Good morning handsome." I greeted smiling softly.

"I hope you have some kisses left for me." I heard George say before he physically turned me to him.

"Hi Georgie." I smiled softly and kissed his cheek.

"That seals it, you are my life now." George said as if defeated and hugged me closer.

I laughed softly and smiled at him with admiration and love.

"If you keep looking at me like that little princess we're going to have a problem getting out of this room today." George said darkly.

"Is that a threat Weasley?" I asked mischievously.

"You wanna play kitten, do you think you can win?" he asked smugly raising his eyebrows.

I looked at him and saw that was serious so I rolled to the other side of the bed to hide behind Fred.

"You looking for protection babydoll?" Fred asked mischiefly exchanging a look with George.

"Are you willing to provide protection handsome?" I asked him.

"For you, always." He said looking at me seriously.

"Than proper for war." I said seriously before mischief formed on my face as I grabbed a pillow and hit it down to George's face, staring the first out of many great pillow war.