chapter 7 - Audience with the king

"The king will see you now." A guard came out and said after we waited for about 5 minutes.

"Thank you, may your gold flow." Griphook said entering the door.

"May your gold flow." I said to the guard giving him a small bow before hurrying after Griphook.

As we were walking Griphook chuckled "what is it?" I asked curious.

"Didn't you see the shock on that guards face?" Griphook asked clearly amused.

"No. why? did I do something wrong?" I asked embarrassed, causing Griphook to laugh again.

"Don't laugh, did I do something wrong? did I offend him in any way?" I asked nervously.

But Griphook just laughed louder.

"You're not being very professional account manager Griphook, you're actually being kinda mean." I said and definitely didn't pout after.

"I apologize lady Harriet." Griphook said gathering himself. "you did not offend that guard he was simply surprised you courtesied him." Griphook explained.

"Oh really?" I asked, "is the treatment from wizards really that bad?" I wondered.

"Let's just say, that to them we are glorified a tiny bit smarter house elves." Griphook said bitterly.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"You know, your grandfather was one of the first Wizards in this time to treat us as equals, which is all we want." Griphook said.

"Then I will continue in my grandpa's way." I said smiling at him before we reached a door not as big as the first one but still completely made of gold.

"The king awaits." one of guards said before opening the door.

I walked in slightly behind Griphook wanting to follow his lead, Griphook took his sword out of his buckle, laid it in front of him and bowed. so I did the same, I took my wand out of my sleeve, laid it in front of me and bowed, waiting for an indication to rise.

"Rise." I assume the king said concerning he's sitting on the thrown.

I looked at Griphook to see that he didn't pick up his sword so I left my wand on the floor as well before standing up straight looking at the king not saying anything.

"Sire, if I may present evidence of code gold to the court." Griphook requested bowing down slightly.

"You may." the king said before singling for someone to come take the evidence, a guard from near the king walked to Griphook and took all of my tests before handing them to the king.

The king thoroughly looked over the parchment's before looking at me with an unreadable expression. I moved nervously under his gaze not certain what this meant.

"It is written here in Griphook's notes that you were not raised by magical creatures. who were you raised by?" the king asked the addressing me.

"My aunt and uncle, but they were not good Caretakers. King Goblin." I said bowing slightly.

"How so?" he asked.

"They abused me physically and mentally as well as allowing others to abuse me. I prefer not explaining farther. but if you believe it necessary, I will." I said hoping I won't have to get into it.

"And the Muggle money here that has been paid once a month for the last 12 years was paid to those who abused you?" The king asked.

"Yes, your Majesty." I said.

"Griphook you are the account manager. how did this happen?" The king demanded.

"I don't know sire, 12 years ago only five people had access to the Potter vaults, James Potter himself and his four mates that were not disclosed to me. but after James Potter was murder his three mates that remained alive were declared irrelevant to the account by the ministry, and without lord Potter's will we had no choice but to freeze the account.
I have been waiting for lady Potter to reach 17 or get her creature inheritance since.
I thought I will see her this year for her creature inheritance to unfeeze the account but imagine my shock when she came here all of a sudden not even certain if she has an account with us and with that list of injuries." Griphook explained, gesturing to the parchment's he already gave the king.

"We shall begin an investigation immediately, lady Potter." the king said.

"May I see my parents Wills?" I asked, my voice shaking.

"Not right now, you are still a minor according to the law. after you will go through the potions and rituals you and account manager Griphook settled on, You will be fit to receive your lady and heir rings which will make you officially emancipated. Than you will have full access to all of your vaults and that includes your parents Wills." The king said.

"Sire, should I demand my money back now or after I'm emancipated." I asked, receiving a vicious smile from the King in return.

"After you are emancipated the Goblins would have more freedom to have a bit of... fun, with everyone that stole money from you, but the choice is yours. the money will be returned either way, you have my word." The king said keeping the vicious smile on his face.

"Good things come to those who wait." I said as my answer.

"Indeed they do. The investigation has already begun, you and Griphook are dismissed to continue handling your business. I look forward to seeing you again, lady Potter." The king said effectively dismissing us.

"And I you, your Majesty." I said, bowing down picking up my wand in the process as he walked out of the room.